+ Reply to Thread
    Last Online
    07-26-2013 @ 02:00 PM
    Thanks

So about the Dark Madder situation...

"Since ID 2970 (Dark Madder) C/A/Ts people now, anyone willing to post up another monster ID with--"

If I see anyone on this forum starting a statement like that, I will personally rip your legs off and beat you over the head with them. Similar has happened before to the Mutant Ruffian because people kept asking, and others were so damn polite as to answer. If you want a monster ID that gives high EXP without being clan'd, then just look one up on the monster ID list your own damn self. Don't make people publicize and ruin exploitable monsters for autoing just because you're too lazy to look at a damn list.

Last Online
    11-18-2012 @ 04:48 AM
    Thanks

Re: So about the Dark Madder situation...

Doesn't matter, the staff now has a database that checks for characters with unusually high exp and gold gain and instantly replaces their currently clan with C/A/T. Simple solution: Don't use exp/gold hacks.

Last Online
    @
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by secrekept View Post
    Doesn't matter, the staff now has a database that checks for characters with unusually high exp and gold gain and instantly replaces their currently clan with C/A/T. Simple solution: Don't use exp/gold hacks.
    Sorry, but could you provide a source to support this information? Just out of curiosity. I'd like to see it for my own eyes because I find it interesting that they have only recently gotten a hold of a database like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please +rep me if my post helped you by clicking on the star under my post. Thanks!

Last Online
    Thanks

I've read it somewhere on the Battleon forums.
    Last edited by secrekept; 04-08-2012 at 10:11 AM.

Last Online
    @
    Thanks

I've read it somewhere on the Battleon forums.
    Well no shat, Sherlock. That much I knew already. I'm asking if you know where exactly you read this? As useful as the search function is on the AE Forums, it's bloody difficult to find anything about cheating because the AE staff consider it to be a highly confidential topic (HA!). Otherwise, I would not have even asked in the first place. Besides that, I also find it interesting that you read this on the forums because of how rare topics about cheating are ever created.

If you do not know where it is (which is what your answer will probably be), can you point me in the right direction?

Do you know if it was a post or a thread?
    Was it an AE staff member/moderator or a regular forum member who posted this?
    Do you know when the post/thread was created? Or when you read it?
    Was it specifically addressing AdventureQuest and/or Warpforce or did it include other games (such as MechQuest/DragonFable, etc.) as well?
    Was it in a General Discussions Forum or an FAQ or somewhere else?

Any clues to where you read this would be appreciated, or the actual location, if you know where it is.

I'm just interested in what the AE staff have to say about cheaters, and how a good chunk of those who play the game cheat.
    It's not a big deal, especially since many members who cheat still spend money on Guardianship, Z-tokens, and other merchandise. In fact, they're only benefiting from cheaters' continued interest in the game.
    But they treat it like it's absolutely terrible and yet they refuse to comment or mention it (if they can help it), other than the fact that it's merely unfair and bad simply because it violates their terms. The truth of the matter is, no one else is truly being affected because it's not even a multiplayer game.

Anyway, I'd like some verification on this claim of a new system so that I may adapt and adjust to a constantly developing technology, if necessary.

Please +rep me if my post helped you by clicking on the star under my post. Thanks!

Last Online
    02-10-2014 @ 05:22 PM
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by apples01 View Post
    Well no shat, Sherlock. That much I knew already. I'm asking if you know where exactly you read this? As useful as the search function is on the AE Forums, it's bloody difficult to find anything about cheating because the AE staff consider it to be a highly confidential topic (HA!). Otherwise, I would not have even asked in the first place. Besides that, I also find it interesting that you read this on the forums because of how rare topics about cheating are ever created.

If you do not know where it is (which is what your answer will probably be), can you point me in the right direction?

Was it specifically addressing AdventureQuest and/or Warpforce or did it include other games (such as MechQuest/DragonFable, etc.) as well?

Any clues to where you read this would be appreciated, or the actual location, if you know where it is.

I'm just interested in what the AE staff have to say about cheaters, and how a good chunk of those who play the game cheat.
    It's not a big deal, especially since many members who cheat still spend money on Guardianship, Z-tokens, and other merchandise. In fact, they're only benefiting from cheaters' continued interest in the game.
    But they treat it like it's absolutely terrible and yet they refuse to comment or mention it (if they can help it), other than the fact that it's merely unfair and bad simply because it violates their terms. The truth of the matter is, no one else is truly being affected because it's not even a multiplayer game.

Anyway, I'd like some verification on this claim of a new system so that I may adapt and adjust to a constantly developing technology, if necessary.
    ...You gotta love apples, but seriously, Im pretty sure artix and his chums don't really give a shit... that much if u cheat lol...

- iF I HELPED

Last Online
    @
    Thanks

The clearest sign that they don't give a crap is that being in the CAT clan no longer has equipment penalties. You aren't forced to wear punishment gear like in the past, and I've never run into the enemy that used to lower your exp/gold. Sure, you're hit with a very low exp and gold cap per day, but... you can just overcap.

Last Online
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by apples01 View Post

They still have to C/A/T players (even if they are upgraded) as integrity to their rules.

Last Online
    12-13-2013 @ 11:22 PM
    Thanks

Are you sure man?
    I fought Celestia for 1 week already and still not C/A/T'd.

Last Online
    @
    Thanks

They still have to C/A/T players (even if they are upgraded) as integrity to their rules.
    Well no shat, yet again, Sherlock. You should be promoted to Captain Obvious. You have not answered my question. Nor acknowledged it in anyway and therefore, I deem your claim to be false and/or a rumor until further evidence is provided.

As integrity to their rules, they still have to C/A/T players, but my point is that they have been ridiculously slow doing so. Moreover, in the past, much more regular Adventurers have been C/A/Ted than have Guardians and X-Guardians.
    What's more is that back then, if you were in the C/A/T clan, there were much more restrictions and punishments for being in the C/A/T clan, which were (I would hope) enforced so that the cheaters would be discouraged to even try to continue playing the game once they were caught.
    However, when you look at the C/A/T players now, the only consequences of being in the C/A/T clan seem to be having a lower XP/Gold cap and being unable to view your character's page fully. It seems like they did this once they realized that even Guardians and X-Guardians cheat. So essentially, the punishments were severely lightened so that those who were in the C/A/T clan would still play the game.
    Not that that's a bad thing, but it just seems like another one of their lovely plans to find a profit.
    Last edited by apples01; 04-14-2012 at 05:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread