Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Acv Editting

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Last Online
    05-07-2012 @ 02:01 AM
    Thanks

Acv Editing

Hello all,
    First of all, I give respect to the fellow seniors in here. I would like to share my knowledge regarding acv Editing. I share because i want to give long-time leechers and current forummers here and to those who wants to learn an opportunity to study acv editing .And at the same time, reduce the number of beggings by newb hackers for acv-editing related hacks. Or basically to post for general knowledge for everyone. Base off my own experience of acv editing and some major translation, i put together this tutorial. I hope this subforum can be more open and this thread to be more open on discussions relating to acv editting. I'm still currently learning, so forgive me if the info here is outdated or is incomplete or even incorrect but i've done my best to make sure the info is correct. I do this because partly,i love GzP.

Simple?

The cheats resulting from acv editing are not all the cheats that can be obtained in the world of Audition. But, as this is made for those who yearn to study acv-editing, it'll bring a sense of satisfaction if you know what you are doing when editing acv files. And to those who are willing to share other tutorials, i'm looking forward to it.

ok, lets get started.
    .acv = result of a compressed file that is used for Audition
    acv_tool = a tool which can open/unpack acv files
    .slk = result of a script thats unpacked from an acv file thats useful for changing arrow keys, time which is client-sided.
    .dds = directdraw surface image, 3D pictures use for graphics by the game.

To the very basics of unpacking acv files (acv_tool can be downloaded in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    1.Extract the acv_tool to C:\Documents and Settings\Neo
    2.Enter command prompt by clicking Start>Run>then fill in cmd and press enter
    3.Open explorer and copy any one file from the data folder into C:\Documents and Settings\Neo. As an example, i copy 026.acv
    4. Go back to the command prompt and unpack that acv file using the following command
    Code:
    acv_tool 026.acv 026
    This will unpack the components of 026.acv into a single folder 026.

5.Open explorer again and try looking into folder C:\Documents and Settings\Neo, you will see the result folder i.e folder 026
    6.In it, contains many script.slk and 3d images in the form of .dds. Editing .dds .slk will be explained in later section.
    7.After editing, we need to repack the following folder so we go into command prompt once again and type the command
    Code:
    acv_tool 026.acv 026 -c
    8.Press Y when an overwrite confirmation message appears

Congratulations.. file in folder C:\Documents and Settings\026.acv is the result of your editing.
    The most important focus of acv editing is that of 021.acv
    If there includes the same files in 021 and 022.acv, the game will read the contents of the acv of a higher numbered acv file. In this case, its 022.acv.

If your confused, then follow this video.

Done?

Problem: acv_tool which we are using is not updated by the maker. So 2nd gen acv files like 031.acv, 021.acv from the newer patch cannot be unpack again. There is an alternative way, editing using Wordpad or HEX Editor. But i've never dwelled too deep into using such programs for acv editing as of yet so sorry.

1st Gen acv_tool (acv unpacker by Shin can be downloaded [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], or you can use the former link above which requires you to input command into cmd)

2nd Gen acv_tool (Made by Bingo)

Acv Extractor (I suppose this is the one released by RP-34, you can download [Only registered and activated users can see links. ])

Editing .slk
    I use Microsoft excel to edit the following files
    The main important files for .slk are

1.̴.slk (B-Boy)
    Edit column D
    Change as you like, the most popular one is 4646
    Happy Arrow Hack..

2..slk (Normal+Freestyle)

Edit column B
    By filling in 46 for everything, you get the Arrow Hack
    Freestyle also has everything, you only need to play the move which you desire for a following set of arrows.

3..slk (Time Hack for Story Song)

Column D (Start MADI)
    For the start of the timer before playing with arrows
    Column E (END Delete MADI)
    For timer to stop when your playing, The higher the number, the faster the song will end quickly.
    Column F (BPM)
    Edit for fun. Careful not to DC
    Edit colomn E are mostly used for Time HACK playing with NPC with the mission NO BAD NO MISS
    E.g you do storymode no.1 with song Beautiful(k1011.abm)
    Find column E and change it to 110
    You will play for around 10x bars.. decent enough to win success with only 10x bars of playing the arrow keys

4.i0046_beat_002.slk (Beat Up)
    This is one example of a file in folder script\ä
    Edit column A
    For game timer to allow arrows to surface
    Edit column D
    For timer when you need to press the arrows
    Edit column F
    arrows that appears in screen, change it to 13 or 79 (2 key beat up cheat)
    can increase no.of arrows for higher score, 1 song only play finish mode, 1 song only press 1 arrow, and there are many ways of editing.
    And, 1 file is associated to 1 song.

5.slang.slk (Bad Word filter)

Edit and erase all the words on following list and you will attain 'Freedom Of Speech'

All this slk files can be gotten from 021.acv.
    Depending on different servers, these files may be encrypted in another higher-numbered acv file.
    Currently
    For SEA, its in 057.acv

Editing .dds (you will need dds viewer in order to view .dds files, you can download [Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    You can use Adobe Photoshop CS3 with the appropriate plugin to edit .dds images
    This is the part where we can change the pictures of arrow keys in which our eyes view them. The purpose is to give some visual advantage for us when competing with the rest.

ƮŸ.dds << Edit and add a vertical red line in the perfect spot, you will then have the perfect line cheat as in practice mode.

ready_game.dds << Edit by inserting your own logo. When game starts, the words 'game ready' will be changed to become your logo instead
    Try entering into keynote folder
    You will find many arrows in the form of file .dds. Change according to your logic and creativity.
    There includes many other dds files which you can edit.
    Files other_11.dds - other_97.dds is for couple mode with the grey keys. In newer acvs, it is renamed as non_11.dds - non_97.dds
    Editing .dds and .rgm files in the avatar folder allows you to make avatar hack such as this. (Client-Sided)

Most dds files can be found in .acv file in the data folder, so happy unpacking.

Finished reading?
    By now, i think many of you who are serious in learning should have a slight understanding towards acv editting.
    Currently
    For SEA, the keynotes folder is encrypted in 061.acv

Chance hack
    The red arrow keys in keynote folder located in 012.acv is edited such that the red arrows are replaced by blue opposite arrows, after which the key is renamed to suit that of the red arrow. An example of a red chance arrow pointing down is normal_c21.dds. (Refer to SS below) This is how the chance hack comes about. And the grey keys in the keynote folder which are edited into small pixels using other dds pics or photoshop, they form the basis for no grey keys hack.

In my opinion, i think theres only 3 ways to unpack 021.acv
    1) Extract 021.acv from older patch that is unpackable
    2) Get 021.acv from other servers of audition
    3) Get a new working acv tool to unpack the double-protected 021.acv (Private)

Chance hack is used to be created in 012.acv. With the introduction of newer acvs, they encrpypt the same files into a higher numbered acv file whereby now, it cannot be unpacked by 1st gen acv tools like how it previously could (How smart of T3). However, the file names can still be read by hex editor.
    Download Hex Editor [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

In order for the game to read the files in the lower-numbered acv files, we open hex editor and open the higher-numbered acv file. Press ctrl + f and locate the file name which you want to bypass such that the game reads that file from other acv files instead. For example, chance_21.dds. You can jst rename it to ohfagg.dds and the game will basically go and read chance_21.dds from other acv files.

Unfortunately, T3 grew smarter and patched hex editor up such that when we open an acv file with it, it appears as a wall of crap instead of the file names found within the acv file itself.
    Currently, it's a dead fix. Only people who have the 2nd Gen acv tool can edit to a certain extent as T3 have patched it even though it is still being kept private.

Credits to google, nyit-nyit, gamerzplanet, shinfansite
    I hope this helps. And Thanks for taking the time to read this tutorial.

Update: The acv tools posted here are patched. They are only meant for you to learn to edit 1st-gen acv files. You will have to search for a 3rd-gen acv tool to unpack the newer acv files to extract the current .slk and .dds files. However, the method of editing these files are relevant.

I would appreciate if you guys could click the +Rep button if you find this tutorial helpful.
    Last edited by 阿KEN; 10-14-2010 at 03:20 AM.
    ramadh and bestwyr20 like this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 阿KEN For This Useful Post:

makulingling (01-12-2014)

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Last Online
    06-16-2014 @ 02:03 AM
    Thanks

Re: Acv Editting

Wow, this is a great tutorial. People like myself that wish to learn these things now have the opportunity to do so. I give many thanks on behalf of myself and other GzP'ers.

Last Online
    06-22-2013 @ 09:57 AM
    Thanks

Excellent Guide.

Last Online
    @
    Thanks

what a wonderfull tut
    I know juray is expert also thre is fougilang here
    and then kylerainer

its amazing than give a direct link

nice to know you kyle

Last Online
    09-21-2013 @ 02:20 PM
    Thanks

Hey how come it doesn't let me unpack 021.acv?

Last Online
    11-02-2010 @ 03:32 PM
    Thanks

Good stuff man, but I still don't think it would help much though. Only the dedicated people who want to learn this stuff will learn it, while the newbs will probably find it too hard and time consuming. But all in all, a great tutorial. :)

@Pedr0: You have to find the older 021 file to be able to unpack it because the newer ones are double packed. But if you're wondering, the patch file AUDITION06028 has the latest 021 file that you can unpack.
    Last edited by Fatty194; 08-13-2008 at 12:46 PM.

Lurker
    Last Online
    07-13-2011 @ 08:42 PM
    Thanks

Great guide. (:
    Last edited by BUNNiiEB00x3; 08-13-2008 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Text was too smal then too big O_Ol :o

Last Online
    04-02-2013 @ 10:59 PM
    Thanks

Hm when i try to do the command at the cmd window it says , acv_tool is not a recgnized as an internal ...
    any ideas why?

Last Online
    09-18-2013 @ 07:36 AM
    Thanks

I got that same "acv_tool unrecognized..." so i just copy and pasted the acv_tool and .acv into the "c:\documents and settings\******user or account***. This allowed me to get the tool to work.
    Last edited by ecladextera; 08-13-2008 at 03:39 PM.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Last Online
    05-07-2012 @ 02:01 AM
    Thanks

if cmd doesnt work, try the manual way.
    drag the acv file into the acv_tool and it will generate a folder named 'decompress'.
    If not, follow ecladextera by copying all the tools and acv file into the c:\documents and settings\admin for e.g and try retyping the code if it works.
    The format is 'Location of acv tool Name of acv file to be unpack Name of folder to be generated' so if acv_tool is in C:\ try type 'C:\acv\acv_tool.exe 026.acv 026' into cmd.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast