Recomended Item Build For Drow Ranger
Sapphire Water + multiple Circlets/ Ironwood Branch
1. Lothar's and Boots(lothar don build so fast)
2. Mask of Death(must)
3. Upgrade Boots to Treads
4. Complete Helm of Dominator, Buriza
5. Hyperstone, another Buriza
Brief explanation to item build:
1. Depending on how good youíre in last hitting/ harassing, you may get more Circlets/ Ironwood Branches, or in extreme cases, Wraith Band. Do note that the more early item you buy, the slower you will reach Lotharís Edge, which is crucial to your success from mid game onwards.
2. Lothar allows Drow to escape in sticky situations;
3. Helm of Dominator is a wierd choice, and here's the explanation: once you have marksmanship, when you instantly kill a creep with 1000 HP, you'll leech 1000* % of lifesteal, this will allow you to stay in lane forever. From mid game onwards you can always kill all neutral creeps to gain life. Why Helm of Dominator? Since Drow + Mask of Madness = suicidal, and the additional benefis of Helm of Dominator justifies the additional $950 gold (5% additional life steal, 5 armor, 10 damage). One issue though. Once you have Helm of Dominator, Frost Arrows only work when you autocast it. No more single cast frost arrow harassing.
4. Other orb considerations: Basically frost arrows override all other orb effects except feedback. In this case, feedback will override single cast frost arrows, and autocast frost arrows will override feedback. However, there's no synergy between Drow and feedback so feedback is a no no for her.
5. The remaining items are straight forward, just pump your killing power and fight! At first it seems illogical to get a second Buriza for Drow Ranger (the second Buriza only gives an additional 16% chance of doing critical attack), but since there isnít any better choice, I will still recommend Buriza over other damage weapons.
Dont build the item down here
Monkey King Bar: The mini-stun from Monkey King Bar will interrupt Marksmanship when they are both triggered. From the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], it seems logical to deduce that the bonus damage from Monkey King Bar will override Marksmanship.
Butterfly: Like Sange and Yasha, Butterfly gives you a bit of everything. Effectively, Butterfly gives you 52 damage (bonus from trueshot aura included), 50% IAS, and an EHP boost against physical attack (from evasion) at a cost of 6k gold. In terms of damage boost itís worse than Buriza, and Drow Ranger doesnít really need more resistance against physical attack. Frost Arrow and high armor are already pain in the ass to physical damage dealer enemies. With or without Evasion, Drow Ranger should have no problem dealing with heroes with no nukes. Plus you always have Lotharís Edge to help when things go wrong. The fact that evasion does not help against nukes is a main reason why I recommend a second Buriza over Butterfly.
Manta Style: Images cannot cast frost arrows nor mana burn, Trueshot Aura helps the images a bit, but since youíre building Drow based on agility, the increase in DPS is still insignificant.
Sange and Yasha: You donít need another skill to slow enemies since the one you have is great. If you get a few levels of attribute bonuses early on, there is no need for the HP bonus from Sange.
jz from a player from