User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Last Online
    07-27-2009 @ 10:59 AM
    Thanks

Re: A way to decrease CPU usage ?

You guys got me wrong. My laptop's specifics are: Intel Centrino DUO 1,6ghz , 2GB ram, GeForce GO 7400 256mb and I'm not having ANY problems with flyff whatsoever! Everything runs smooth as it should.
    What i want is, when i make a shop and go afk, that i could minimize the game somehow so CPU wouldn't be loaded...
    I played many MMORPG games before and you could minimize them all to get 0% CPU usage.. But not flyff... So when im sleeping and have flyff on i feel like im wasting CPU cause apparently im not even playing it. Not good for the graphic card either...
    I don't know if flyff creators built this game like this on purpose so u cant minimize or what damnit, they want to destroy our comps lol..

And u know how laptops are, when CPU is down to 0% they will be quiet as little kittens cause they dont need a fan, but when CPU usage increases the fan will start up and they can get loud as hell.. And mine is when im running flyff all the time

And its been so awkward lately.. When i got my laptop, first couple of months, if i didnt play any games or such, the computer was really quiet because the fan wasnt on.. So when i ran any game the fan started up which is totally normal.. But now lately, even when im not playing any game, and im only on my desktop, the fan will still be running... all the time
    Probably because so much crap got on my computer ? Would reformat solve this ?

Last Online
    05-19-2013 @ 10:12 AM
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cougher View Post
    You guys got me wrong. My laptop's specifics are: Intel Centrino DUO 1,6ghz , 2GB ram, GeForce GO 7400 256mb and I'm not having ANY problems with flyff whatsoever! Everything runs smooth as it should.
    What i want is, when i make a shop and go afk, that i could minimize the game somehow so CPU wouldn't be loaded...
    I played many MMORPG games before and you could minimize them all to get 0% CPU usage.. But not flyff... So when im sleeping and have flyff on i feel like im wasting CPU cause apparently im not even playing it. Not good for the graphic card either...
    I don't know if flyff creators built this game like this on purpose so u cant minimize or what damnit, they want to destroy our comps lol..

And u know how laptops are, when CPU is down to 0% they will be quiet as little kittens cause they dont need a fan, but when CPU usage increases the fan will start up and they can get loud as hell.. And mine is when im running flyff all the time

And its been so awkward lately.. When i got my laptop, first couple of months, if i didnt play any games or such, the computer was really quiet because the fan wasnt on.. So when i ran any game the fan started up which is totally normal.. But now lately, even when im not playing any game, and im only on my desktop, the fan will still be running... all the time
    Probably because so much crap got on my computer ? Would reformat solve this ?

lol? My laptop is crappy, compared to urs. but it works good enough.

Are u running on vista? Cur ur laptop sounds new to me

Last Online
    10-30-2009 @ 06:09 AM
    Thanks

what I always do is pretty simple, but requires a dual core pc
    I shut down all the unnecessary tasks,
    shut down antivrus etc

so that only vital processes remain
    then, i assign to each system task only 1 cpu and to flyff both cpu's never had anyh problem :)

Banned
    Last Online
    10-21-2007 @ 10:07 PM
    Thanks

Get more DDR2 Ram, get a new 256+ MB graphics card (NVIDIA is good) and disk defrag every once in a while.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-01-2011 @ 12:22 PM
    Thanks

i think defragmentation also helps..

Last Online
    03-29-2013 @ 03:15 AM
    Thanks

why do i find idiots on here all the time... whether u minimize flyff or not the usage will be running still. ur specs are fine but dang laptops are laptops... first and for most the fan kicks in for a reason. why? do u what ur mother board in ur laptop too overheat cause when it gets hot to a certain point it will shut down whether u want it or not and dont blame the fan. for those idiots who dont know the background running computers here is a instruction panel from me and from my own experiences to knock out unwanted start up items that dam loads up in the start up process. THIS METHOD IS FOR SURE TO REDUCE the CPU USaGE AND FASTER START UP TIME. here we go...

1. Click on Start
    2. Click on Run
    3. Type in "msconfig"
    4. Go to the tab that says "Start Ups"
    5. Click on "Disable All"
    (NOTE IF U WANT TO RUN UR ANTIVIRUS LOOK FOR THE PATH DIR AND CHECK IT)
    6. Click "Apply"
    7. Click "Close"
    8. Click "Restart"
    9. MOST IMPORTANT STEP (PUSH THE "THANKS" BUTTON)

Note: Disk Defragment is recommended too but not need

Lurker
    Last Online
    03-03-2008 @ 04:12 PM
    Thanks

Flyff dont have a framelimiter and it always want to get MAX fps.
    thats mean u always have maximum processor resourses used.

maybe is some.. um.. 3rd part processor usage limiter? ;o

Last Online
    04-30-2012 @ 07:25 PM
    Thanks

The tut that i posted that i mentioned in page one i belive helps lower cp usage a bit..just try it out
    I Luv [GzP]

trusted people i traded:
    Mr. santa
    angel7slayer
    dreysride
    tezzet1231
    Y2K (for now)
    unknownj_TMD2

i am a trusted MM and i do MM for free.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-22-2007 @ 05:16 PM
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EvilKing View Post
    If you have shared memory, give a bit more to your graphic chip.
    You should have at least 64MB for your graphic chipset.
    On my Fujitsu Siemens, when i turn down to 32MB, it allmost dies when starting flyff.

Be sure your virtual memory file on Drive C is at least 1GB, maybe 1,5 GB or higher. Mine's at 1,5 GB. (c:\pagefile.sys is the file representating your virtual memory)

Try if it runs faster at 16 bit than at 32bit (it should).

Kill unnecessary tasks while playing flyff.
    I.e. Virus scanner if you're not downloading anything and dont have shared folders.

The drive with flyff on should have at least 500MB free space.
    So it can allways store errorlogs or screenshots without crashing and hanging up.

If you have more than one cpu core, see if you can split up the processes between the cpu cores.

Tweak your system with TuneUp Utilities or something similar.

I hope I helped you to get flyff run a bit smoother.
    Lol I've used that in english,german and some other versions
    it's really good.
    yea I used the 30DAY TRAIL (mauahahahahah)
    but you can change the time and it goes back but I dont like doing that xD
    any other way?

Last Online
    03-12-2011 @ 12:21 PM
    Thanks

CTRL+ALT+DELETE to open the task manager in game, then find the flyff process in the tab "Processes". Right click it and there should be a option called "Set Priority" and select below normal if you want it to have less CPU usage.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast