As you probably know, r63b's are the "new thing" and they are fairly simple to make, so I thought I'd make a quick tutorial on how to, I hope this is noob friendly and works for you! Enjoy
Find all the download links here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Password for all files is : KyleVonnie
Making of Retro :
1. Download Xampp 1.7.3 from the link above. Open the downloaded .exe file and you should see something similar to this:
- Press Install, and Xampp should install by itself. Once the main setup is complete, another screen should popup.
- Press enter twice.
- Then It should ask "Your Choice ? <y/n>", make sure its "n" and press enter.
- Once again, press enter twice, then at the next question type "x" and enter.
- Xampp is successfully installed!
2. Open the Xampp control panel, which is in C: > Xampp > xampp-control
- Start "Apache" and "MySql".
- Go to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
- Type in a MySql password where it says "New Password" and "Repeat the new password" and press Password Changing.
REMEMBER THIS PASSWORD!
3. Download the DB SQL
- Go to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and make a new database named r63b .
- Press Import and then Choose File
- Find the downloaded SQL and press open.
- Press "Go" and wait for the DB to import. (This might take a while).
(If you get an error about Xampp not being able to import DB, then download Navicatt and use that)
4. Next, go to your htdocs in your xampp folder.
- Delete everything in there.
- Download the RevCMS from the link above, and export them into your htdocs.
5. Open htdocs > app > management > config.php
- Fill out the config based on the codes below. Do not change anything if it's not said so.
$_CONFIG['mysql']['connection_type'] = 'pconnect'; //Type of connection: It must be connect, or pconnect: if you want a persistent connection.
$_CONFIG['mysql']['hostname'] = 'localhost'; //MySQL host
$_CONFIG['mysql']['username'] = 'root'; //MySQL username
$_CONFIG['mysql']['password'] = 'DBPASSWORD'; //MySQL password
$_CONFIG['mysql']['database'] = 'r63b'; //MySQL database
$_CONFIG['mysql']['port'] = '3306'; //MySQL's port
* Hotel management - All URLs do not end with an "/"
$_CONFIG['hotel']['server_ip'] = 'ServerIP'; //IP of VPS/DEDI/etc
$_CONFIG['hotel']['url'] = 'http://localhost'; //Does not end with a "/"
$_CONFIG['hotel']['name'] = 'HOTEL NAME'; // Hotel's name
$_CONFIG['hotel']['desc'] = 'HOTEL MOTTO!'; //Hotel's description
6. Download the SWFS from above. Export these into your htdocs, this is a big file, so it will take some time to download and export. Be Patient
- If you didn't change the name of the folder or the config, everything should be already set up for you!
7. Download the BcStorm Emulator and export them onto your desktop or anything else you want.
- Go into BcStorm Folder > Bin > Debug > Settings > Open configuration and fill it out accordingly :
## MySQL Configuration
(Everything else should be fine)
8. Go to BcStorm Folder > Bin > Debug > and open "Butterfly Emulator". Should run perfectly if you set everything up properly.
9. Make an account, and enter client, congratulations you now own a r63b retro! (That is if you did everything right )
Leon - BcStorm Emu
Kryptos - RevCMS
Kyle - Tut
Sadly, I have no clue on who I should give the credits to for the Swfs or SQL, so please tell me if you know!
Last edited by KyleVonnie; 07-08-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Hi there, I have successfully followed all of your instructions and I keep on coming upon these errors:
Whenever attempting to go to localhost/client:
'Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for '-4.0/DST' instead in C:\xampp\htdocs\app\class.template.php on line 44
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\app\class.template.php:44) in C:\xampp\htdocs\app\class.core.php on line 77'
Also under that warning it will show a Habnet loading screen until about 70~80% and then it goes to black.