User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Last Online
    03-30-2013 @ 07:34 PM
    Thanks

Can't get my self to do Guitar

Don't know if guitar practice counts as homework...

I started Guitar about 1 month ago and lately the teacher and others are expecting more out of me.

I haven't been practicing much... hardly. And that's the problem. I get lazy when I get into my room since Black ops is there...

Anyone know how to help me out here? It's more like how to get a habit into guitar.

Something like 10 minutes each day or something. I usually follow other peoples idea instead of my own... i just get lazy.

Don't flame me... I'm very tired right now 1 oclock in the morning at my place and I'm getting more tired each day. And right now I can't think straight if I don't get my act together soon (2 days) I'll have to cut the class. It's sort of a parents thing issue.

Last Online
    06-18-2012 @ 10:23 AM
    Thanks

Re: Can't get my self to do Guitar

Quote Originally Posted by babyhead8734 View Post
    Don't know if guitar practice counts as homework...

I started Guitar about 1 month ago and lately the teacher and others are expecting more out of me.

I haven't been practicing much... hardly. And that's the problem. I get lazy when I get into my room since Black ops is there...

Anyone know how to help me out here? It's more like how to get a habit into guitar.

Something like 10 minutes each day or something. I usually follow other peoples idea instead of my own... i just get lazy.

Don't flame me... I'm very tired right now 1 oclock in the morning at my place and I'm getting more tired each day. And right now I can't think straight if I don't get my act together soon (2 days) I'll have to cut the class. It's sort of a parents thing issue.
    i know exactaly how u feel, you get bored of doing the same stuff on your guitar... and you have a new video game to play. i had the same problem when i used to play the drums at my school... the music they had me play sucked,it just wasnt my style of playing.... long story short, i became self taught, got a few essisntial elements books and taught myself the extra stuff. now i can play almost anything on my drum set.

ive been playing guitar too since about 2 years ago, i didnt even bother taking classes because i knew the stuff i would be playing on guitar would be booring... so ive taught myself.

take the music that you listen to and go on 911tabs.com, seach the artist or song and learn how to play TABS.

trust me your more likley to play music that you listen to than some 19th century classic music. everyone learns at their own pace

all the great guitarist moved away from being taught by a teacher, to teaching themselves.... plus they also learned tricks from other guitarist around them.

so just relax, look into your self and play how you feel.
    p.s.this is coming from a black guy...

Last Online
    03-30-2013 @ 07:34 PM
    Thanks

Happy to hear that I ain't the only one :P

But if I self teach my self, it'll be even worse since I get HELLA lazy...

Some suggestion with 10 minutes a day or something ...

like a practice habit,

you know what?
    I'm going to do this my way I'll make my own god damn habit and stick with it!
    there is one thing that motivates me... it's when my friends all have an instruments and trophies, and I want to do better than them...

I'll use that to my advantage!

p.s this coming from an asian guy...

Last Online
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by babyhead8734 View Post
    Happy to hear that I ain't the only one :P

But if I self teach my self, it'll be even worse since I get HELLA lazy...

Some suggestion with 10 minutes a day or something ...

like a practice habit,

you know what?
    I'm going to do this my way I'll make my own god damn habit and stick with it!
    there is one thing that motivates me... it's when my friends all have an instruments and trophies, and I want to do better than them...

I'll use that to my advantage!

p.s this coming from an asian guy...
    yea, i dnt really have a practice habit....ill just be listenin to someone like Tom Morello(of rage against the machines), Vernon Reid(of Living Colour), or Bendrix(of Body Count) and ill feel like playing.

you have to figure out what drives you to play the guitar.... if it ends up being your parents forcing you to play.... quit asap.

yea and dnt try to be better than your friends.... because playing guitar isnt about how fast you play or how amazingly hard you solos are, its about how many people feel moved by your playing.

plus you just started, just take ur time....become one with your guitar....feel the music....

wat bands do you listen to??

Last Online
    02-25-2011 @ 03:57 AM
    Thanks

i've tried practicing guitar..

after 2 weeks.. i've quitted...

GOODLUCK DUDE!

Last Online
    Thanks

^ yea i had kinda quait after two weeks, cause i switched the strings out to a heavier gauge and my fingers werent strong enough.....but after a lot of guitar hero and rock band i picked my guitar back up again...

also get yourself a nice multi effects pedal....that way you can amaze yourself by the sounds that can be made.....

what guitar do you own?? (electric or acousti;brand;pickup types Humbercker or single coil)

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Last Online
    06-10-2014 @ 05:57 PM
    Thanks

Well you need to have to develop the ambition to learn. So here are some reasons WHY you should learn: Girls, Talent, more stuff to write about in your college app, and i must say again.. girls!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

He who learns but does not think, is lost! He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger. -Confucius

[
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ] [
    ] [
    ]
    Xfire: Krnboy888

Lurker
    Last Online
    07-17-2011 @ 02:00 PM
    Thanks

Well I play guitar myself.....What I want to know is do you wan't to learn theory (chords, scales, etc) which is more for writing your own songs, soloing, that kind of stuff. Or do you just want to play as kind of like a hobby.

If you're into the second thing, I would go on youtube, and search the name of the song you want to play and at the end add lessons. (ie The Trooper Lessons). If the song is very hard, then that's when you break it down, and take it slow. It takes a while to learn hard songs, especially those kind of classical rock songs, if that's what you're into, but once you get the hang of it, it's fun (I was in the same position as you 2 years ago)

Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Last Online
    03-26-2012 @ 08:02 PM
    Thanks

Join a band. I was in one at 14, I started playing when I was 13. Playing in a band pushes you, because others will want to push you to do the songs they want to play.

Being in a band made me realize how fun it was to play guitar and bass, since I was just like you. I'm 21 right now, and I play quite a few instruments, because I just loved the feeling of being better than everyone else..
    sup negro.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Last Online
    06-10-2014 @ 05:57 PM
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Icedgreece View Post
    Join a band. I was in one at 14, I started playing when I was 13. Playing in a band pushes you, because others will want to push you to do the songs they want to play.

Being in a band made me realize how fun it was to play guitar and bass, since I was just like you. I'm 21 right now, and I play quite a few instruments, because I just loved the feeling of being better than everyone else..
    Or if your not that good enough yet you can always come to gzp and ask how to play something cuz a lot of people here knows how to play the instrument, including me.

He who learns but does not think, is lost! He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger. -Confucius

[
    ] [
    ] [
    ]
    Xfire: Krnboy888

+ Reply to Thread