Last Online
    12-12-2010 @ 12:30 AM
    Thanks

[GUIDE] Razor - The Lightning Revenant

Razor - Lightning Revenant
    written by liz(me)
    Author's Note:
    ================================================== =====

Razor, as people should know, is an insane late gamer, and is VERY item dependent, he has to get items to unleash his true beast power. And an insane hero killer in late game.

Introduction: Hero Overview

Razor - The Lightning Revenant

Range: 550
    Move Speed: 295
    Primary: AGI
    Str: 17 + 1.9 / Agi: 22 + 2.5 / Int: 14 + 1.8
    Base Damage: 37 - 39
    HP: 473 / Mana: 182
    Armor: 2.1

As you can see, he’s stats are…. Garbage… and very very low base dmg, so farming early-game will be very hard for starters. This all leads to one conclusion: hes dwelled on items.

Pros:
    • Insane Attack Speed
    • Insane Movement Speed
    • Insane Late Gamer!
    • Insane Hero Killer
    Cons:
    • Weak early game
    • Really Low life
    • No escape skill (WW, blink)
    • Item dependent
    I. Hero Skills

Frenzy ( R )

Increases attack speed for 20 seconds, at the cost of taking additional damage.

Level 1 - 25% increase, 5% damage taken increase.
    Level 2 - 50% increase, 10% damage taken increase.
    Level 3 - 75% increase, 15% damage taken increase.
    Level 4 - 100% increase, 20% damage taken increase.
    Mana Cost: 80/ 90/ 110/ 130 Mana
    Cooldown: 40 Seconds

Frenzy does NOT boost Movement Speed.
    Does not Stack with Mask Of Madness's Frenzy

this is your very skill to own, use it to kill heros or rush towers… very usefull, its only con is that you receive 20 percent of the dmg taken increase… but that is a not a major thing when you kill heros in 10 seconds.
    increased IAS wouldn't help as much as it would late in the game too.
    Chain Lightning ( C )

Hurls a bolt of damaging lightning at a target enemy that jumps to nearby enemies. Each jump deals less damage.

Level 1 - 75 damage, jumps 3 times.
    Level 2 - 150 damage, jumps 5 times.
    Level 3 - 225 damage, jumps 7 times.
    Level 4 - 290 damage, jumps 9 times.
    Mana Cost: 90/ 105/ 125/ 145 Mana
    Cooldown: 11 Seconds

your early and only nuke, very effective to low lifes like niax and morty, can be a finisher due to insane range and a constant harassing skill.

Unholy Fervor ( U )

Increases the movement speed and life regeneration rate of Razor.
    Level 1 - 3% movement, 0.5 HP/ sec regeneration bonus.
    Level 2 - 5% movement, 1 HP/ sec regeneration bonus.
    Level 3 - 8% movement, 1.5 HP/ sec regeneration bonus.
    Level 4 - 10% movement, 2 HP/ sec regeneration bonus.

Unholy Fervor stacks with Satyr Hellcaller's Unholy Aura

this is your free RoR, it will help you rid of many fountain trips, and you don’t have to buy a lot of flask.

Storm Seeker ( K )

Summons a storm that permenantly follows Razor. Every few seconds, it strikes Razor's enemies within 500 AoE with savage lightning bolts.
    Level 1 - Deals 60 damage.
    Level 2 - Deals 90 damage.
    Level 3 - Deals 120 damage.

Lightning strikes every 4 seconds (approx)
    Affects Invisible Units

your ultimate, this skill is PURELY for farming, its not the best uti in the game, but definitely not the worst. It will send a storm lightning to your surrunding enemies every 3 or 4 seconds. And this can be used as a tide turner… in mid game, imagine you and a hero is ganking each other, and both of you are down to 1/3 hp, then you realize you cant win, you run, enemy follows you, and you engage in a chase, during the chase, SS will damage your opponet so if hes hp goes low, you turn back and STRIKE, making the opponent : (player) has left the game

II. Skill Build

1. Unholy Fervor
    2. Chain Lightning/Stats
    3. Chain Lightning/Stats
    4. Unholy Fervor
    5. Chain Lightning/Stats
    6. Storm Seeker
    7. Chain Lightning/Stats
    8. Unholy Fervor
    9. Unholy Fervor
    10. Stats
    11. Storm Seeker
    12-15. Frenzy
    16. Storm Seeker
    17-25. Stats

Why This Build?

maxing out unholy early saves you fountain trips and learning chain is a decent nuke to fall back on and sometimes a hero killer move. Stats are basicly learnt at the end of the game, some people might ask why not max out fenzy early? Because you are already a weak hp hero, and fenzy makes you more vunerable to attacks. So maxing out fenzy is a really bad idea during early game. And theres a choice, stats or chain, I think chain is more important because of the insane range can be a killer when chasing heros, and the dmg isn’t the worst of the nukes, so I suggest maxing this early.
    Item Build
    Item build is pretty simple, at first spawn, just get 3 branches to make up your poor stats and one flask and one chicken.
    Go into mid, if you can go on the side that’s better, and start farming like a madman, the attack animation of razor is frustrating, but over time you can be used to it and time last hits..
    Your Goal from now is to farm a Radiance!

Shop: Level 4
    Description:
    +8% Evasion
    +70 Damage
    Passive: Immolation
    550 Radius
    40 Damage/sec Immolation

Why Radiance?
    Radiance is easily the best item for Razor. The best. Nothing synergizes better with Razor's ultimate than a Radiance. Combined with 40damage/sec immolation and 120 damage every few seconds from Storm Seeker, you will clear creep waves like theres no tomorrow, with the grand total of 0 mana cost! Once Radiance is in your inventory slot, it opens the door for you to farm like a maniac and amass gold like you've never done before. Simply waltz into the enemy creep wave, humming your favourite tune, as the combimed efforts of your Storm Seeker and Raiance nets you 4 out the 5 creeps you encounter, two of which you didn't even attack, at 0 mana cost!

Items to get after Radiance:
    Chicken-Flask-Branches -> Early Game Items -> Radiance -> BoT -> Skadi -> BKB -> Butterfly -> Buriza

In most pubs you wont be able to achieve that far, you will prolly just stop at skadi.

Eye Of Skadi?

Ranged Eye of Skadi is NOT an orb effect, and stacks with some orb effects.

Great item for razor, it can slow down your enemy, used in ganking and chasing.

Black King Bar

Razor, being a ranged + heavy damage dealer, is definately the piority target to be disabled in a team battle. Being low on health,the nukers will just prolly gang up on you, people like rhasta and faceless and lina will combo you making you regret chosing razor.
    So what do you get? A BKB!

The Butterfly

Great damage item to boost Razor's DPS (damage per second) and EHP (effective hp). Nothing much that needs explaining here.

B ) Optional Items:

Aegis-Rapier

Shop: Level 4
    Description:
    +250 Damage
    Drops upon Death
    Cannot be Dropped

Shop: Level 3
    Description:
    35% Spell Resistance
    30% chance to block 60 damage
    +10 Armor
    Charged: Reincarnation 3 Charges
    1500 Hitpoints Regenerated

nothing to say here, if you completed the items I wrote earlier, you can go with aegis/divine, add your insane IAS, your unstoppable!

Strategy
    V. ( A ) Walkthrough:

Early-Game

Grab 3 branches, buy a chicken, a flask and head out of your desired lane. Your teammates will prolly urge you to mid lane, that’s only, but if you can go on the side, go on the side. Usually the middle lane is filled with intel spell spammers whose array of spells and nukes can utterly destroy Razor over and over again. Remember when choosing between the top and bottom lane, that for Sentinel the bottom lane is safer and have less chance of being ganked when compared to the top lane, where you are far from your tower and surronded by the forest. Vice versa for scourge.

Your job in the early game can basically be summed in three words "Farm and survive!" pretty much like early game naix, Remember that Razor has an extremly weak early game, so play it defensively. Always keep an eye on the minimap while focusing on farming.and ALWAYS tell your teammates to tell if hero is missing, I cant stress this enough, this is crucial to early game, and when 2 or more heros are missing, GO HUG TOWER, or if your too afraid, go to the fountain or tele to another lane. Getting last hits with Razor may be difficult with its slow and queer attack animation at first, but skill comes with experience. Remember once Chain Lightning is level 3, spam it at your enemy! Its the only active spell you'll have, so spamming it until your mana is low will not make a difference. Remember when using Chain Lightning, always target the enemy hero first as each bounce does less damage.

Mid-Game

If things went smoothly, congrats on getting your Radiance! As the game progresses on, spells and nukes become less and less effective, while normal attack damage that you specialize in, after radiance, you should be focusing on skadi and BoT and remember, you’re the damage dealer in your team, so when your team pushes, stay behind the ganks and turn on fenzy and START WACKING, and use chain to get last hits LOL

From now on, farming becomes a breeze. Radiance's immolation, combined with storm seeker, does an average of 240 damage / 3 seconds to every creep in sight, which totally wipes out enemy creeps and spam chain lightning on creeps, so every wave you can get at least 4 last hits.

Get the boots of travel, and if you weren't a farming mofo before, you now are. You can solo lanes without even attacking the enemy!

Late-Game
    if you haven’t died a biggillion times, you can prolly own people, and watch out for gang bangs, your late gamer, but your still fragile, so ALWAYS go with your team, wait for team pushes and wack your enemies

Remember, you are the damage dealer! With frenzy giving a bonus 100% IAS, Razor is easily the hero with one of the highest potential DPS. Your damage is insane!
    Last edited by Lizh0up; 06-09-2006 at 06:49 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last Online
    03-11-2011 @ 09:52 AM
    Thanks

Re: [GUIDE] Razor - The Lightning Revenant

i like your built ^^
    the Radiance

Reputation Reputation
    Last Online
    06-06-2010 @ 10:40 AM
    Thanks

Desolator could also be a choice.For those players who have problem farming up till 3800 for the sacred relic,either due to harassing or gangbangs of enemies,try getting a mithril hammer one by one,and soon the scroll.

Usually,I have never seen a team without 2 disables or stunners or both together at the very least.So I usually get black king bar at 1st.Like you said,having a deso or a radiance would make you the 1st aim of the enemy.
    With bkb earlier,your chances of killing is higher and your chance of dying is lower.Not neccesarily you have to get radiance as your 1st choice item.
    It can be sorted out depending on the situation.Radiance might be a big boost of damage,but look at it this way.If you're fighting heroes which have incredibly high armor and hp,going desolator is certainly a better choice.

2ndly,sange & yasha also fits him.But I seldom get that item.But yes,it can work well with him.I dont get it due to speed he has already.Burize and Monkey King Bar also works with him.Sometimes,not getting deso or radiance 1st but getting burize also gives you a great boost of damage and also critical.Monkey King Bar is something I suggest after you have your black king bar and your desolater/radiance.

Last Online
    12-04-2010 @ 09:15 AM
    Thanks

hmm..not bad..but with ur current build, u will get owned by doom bringer before u can even get aegis/divine..

Last Online
    03-10-2010 @ 03:12 AM
    Thanks

I would get S&Y instead of radiance, S&Y gives me more HP and movement speed and some damage. Sange Effect occurs more too when I use frenzy. Radiance is for pure farming, late game doesn't do much damage, 40 damage after reducing those def, probably only 20 damage. And his ultimate could already farm for me.

Eye Of Skadi?

Ranged Eye of Skadi is NOT an orb effect, and stacks with some orb effects.

Great item for razor, it can slow down your enemy, used in ganking and chasing.

Hmm..Actually EOS is a orb-effect item, if you goes to the scroll shop (I know that when you are carrying the item it doesn't say orb-effect), it says orb-effect. However I guess theres some bug that they can't fix with EOS probably, is that they can't make it that 100% orb-effect, you know that EOS still stacks with some orb effect items..EOS could stack with S&Y if you all wondered, it wouldn't show the freezing attack, but it still slow him down with cold effect, and sometimes when Sange occur, Sange + Freeze will him would make a ultimate slow effect.

However I would still get EOS, for HP of course, and slowing like you said

Yes, I would buy BKB after getting probably after S&Y, if not, after Skadi, disable pwns razor badly due to low hp. Anyway, razor isn't that godly, sniper pwnz razor =P.

After BKB, I would get Divine-Aegis, probably an armor first, then divine, armor rocks, it reduces many damage and Razor has low HP so he needs to get it. After armor then I would get sacred relic, demon edge, and then start with other Aegis item, and make an Aegis. After Aegis I get claymore and straight away its Divine + Aegis. Butterfly isn't really a need. Because once you have BKB, you are almost godly, and Butterfly is too expensive. It raises attack speed but I don't need it because I already had frenzy. Evasion? I already had enough HP after EOS and BKB, and when I BKB you couldn't stun me or whatever, and I would kill you with Frenzy before you kill me.

Anyway for Sange & Yasha, I would get it first, but I start with Sange first instead of Yasha, which I think many people would do that too. If you don't, you might wonder why, its because Sange gives me more HP, and Razor die easily, so it become a feeder. With Sange, I don't die much, and I could still kill hero if I am lucky that Sange occur when my opponents is dying. And Sange lets you farm earlier even though its only +5 damage for razor, it lets you farm that it makes the enemy don't feel like targeting you as you have high HP. And more HP gives you more time to farm before you go back base to heal. Almost everyone that knows how to play well would target the hero that has low max HP, including me.
    Last edited by runner38; 06-10-2006 at 12:35 AM.

Last Online
    05-23-2008 @ 04:51 AM
    Philippines <removed address, too specific>
    Thanks

rapier + divine is sooooooooooooooooooo last season, i think people should not be putting those on their guides

Last Online
    01-26-2009 @ 03:36 PM
    Thanks

I like the bit about getting Radiance, but to those people that can't get Radiance easily (I've seen a person in -ap -sm (old version) that gets Radiance at level 18 :( ), I suggest getting other smaller items instead.

Reputation Reputation
    Last Online
    06-06-2010 @ 10:40 AM
    Thanks

I suggest getting other smaller items instead
    that would be deso/bkb/S&Y and some other stuff..which I cant think of right now..but this kind of items are common..

Retired Staff Member
    Reputation Reputation
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks

I'd go Buriza for deso but it's expensive so Radiance
    S。O。S。-ブチョ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out the

Filipino? Check out the

Last Online
    09-09-2011 @ 07:41 AM
    Thanks

I don't know about you, but Radiance for me is extremely easy to farm for....I just stay back and try to get the last hit for at least 1 creep per wave. I usually get it around Level 11 with every hero. And, although its a cheap way to win and doesnt require much skill, Divine Rapier/Aegis is still a good build for Razor. Another easy item to farm for, I had Rapier at Level 15 in a 5v5 game.
    I still prefer the classic SnY build, which means to get SnY then the pure damage items in this guide.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast