Pros:

-Biggest range in the game
    -Very good attack animation
    -Good farmer

Cons:

-Low HP/MP
    -No escape mechanism

Role in the team:

You are the damage dealer, who shoots behind the tanks, which is easy because of your big range. Headshot and ScatterShot will make you a good farmer, so you can get the items you will need to be a useful member to your team.

Statistics:

Range: 550 MS: 290

Background and loacation

Kardel Sharpeye is a testament to his name and race. Using only his finely honed skills of marksmanship and his trusty rifle, he sytematically destroys his opponents from afar. Taking great care to aim for the most vulnerable of areas, he is capable of severely injuring an opponent, and with a little extra time, has been known to simply dispose of an enemy in a single shot. His rifle is equipped with a secondary barrel, capable of launching a short burst of shrapnel at close range, causing massive damage.

You can find him in Sentinelís Light Tavern.

II. Sniperís Skills:

ScatterShot
    Fires a ball full of shrapnel into the air. which promptly explodes, showering the target area in explosive pellets, each doing 10-35 physical damage in a 200 area of effect.

Level 1 - 8 Pellets.
    Level 2 - 12 Pellets.
    Level 3 - 16 Pellets.
    Level 4 - 20 Pellets.

Cooldown: 13 seconds.
    Manacost: 120

This skill has Piercing damage, which means you have 35% damage dealt to buildings. (towers, barracks) From level 3 your Scattershot can kill the ranged creeps instantly. The casting range is pretty nice, about 700-750 range.

Headshot

A shot to the head deals bonus damage and stuns for a short duration.

Level 1 - 30 damage, 25% chance for 0.01 sec stun
    Level 2 - 30 damage, 30% chance for 0.1 sec stun
    Level 3 - 40 damage, 35% chance.for 0.2 sec stun
    Level 4 - 50 damage, 40% chance for 0.2 sec stun

Passive skill.

This skill does physical damage, so armor reduces it, but your minibash activates Linkenís Sphere, and if your enemy activates his/her BKB it block the bash effect, but it wonít block the extra damage. This skill can be triggered on your allied creeps as well. (Easier to deny them)
    The best in this skill that it can stop channeling spells. (like the ultis of Enigma, Crystal Maiden etc.)

Take Aim

Kardel uses his dwarf engineering skills to make modifications to his rifle, enhancing the range of his rifle.

Level 1 - Adds 55 range. (making your range to 605)
    Level 2 - Adds 110 range. (making your range to 660)
    Level 3 - Adds 165 range. (making your range to 715)
    Level 4 - Adds 220 range. (making your range to 770)

Passive

From level 3 your range becomes bigger than a towers. (700 range)

Assassinate

Take time to draw a bead, and then deal a large amount of damage to the target at a huge range.

Level 1 - Deals 355 damage at 1500 range. 175 mana, 30 sec cooldown.
    Level 2 - Deals 505 damage at 2000 range. 275 mana, 20 sec cooldown
    Level 3 - Deals 655 damage at 2500 range. 375 mana, 10 sec cooldown

This is a channeling spell, so if you got stunned while casting, you just wasted your mana. Same goes to when you cast it on a hero who activated his BKB and Lord of Avernus with activated Borrowed Time, or it can also be avoided by a perfectly timed blink.

When you cast it while being invisible (Rune, Moonlight Shadow spell, etc.) youíll only become visible, when you fire your gun. Donít forget that if Assassinate is casted on you, it can be seen in your status bar, so you better start running to your base.

III. Skill and Item builds:

#1 The armor reduction build:

Skillbuild:

Lvl1- Headshot
    Lvl2- Take Aim
    Lvl3- Take Aim
    Lvl4- Headshot
    Lvl5- Take Aim
    Lvl6- Assassinate
    Lvl7- Take Aim
    Lvl8- HeadShot
    Lvl9- Headshot
    Lvl10- Stat
    Lvl11- Assassinate
    Lvl12-Scattershot
    Lvl13-Scattershot
    Lvl14-Scattershot
    Lvl15-Scattershot
    Lvl16-Assassinate
    Lvl17-Stat
    Lvl18-Stat
    Lvl19-Stat
    Lvl20-Stat
    Lvl21-Stat
    Lvl22- Stat
    Lvl23- Stat
    Lvl24- Stat
    Lvl25- Stat

Starting items: 2 Tango (4 charges) and 5 Branch

I donít think Sniper is the best solo hero, so i recommend to go with an ally. Although his base damage is not very good, it is still easy to last hit/deny with him because of his attack animation and Headshot skill. He fires his bullet almost instantly. You can even harass your enemy, thanks to your bigger range.

Early game your HP is low, so letís get the new Power Treads. This item is good becuse you can switch +10 attributes, depending on what you need. (More HP in ganks/escape, more damage when creeping, or more mana for ulti/Scattershot) If you keep running out of mana buy a Bottle, it can come very handy time to time. And of course you should always have a Scroll of Town Portal with you to avoid ganks or to teleport to another lane to farm the creeps there or last hit towers with your Scattershot.

After this, time to get some damage. Since this build goes for armor reduction, i think you figured it out that we will buy a Stygian Desolator. This item gives you good damage for 4420 gold, the only problem with this, that it will change your nearly invisible attack animation but oh wellÖ

Mid game: At this stage of the game you need to finish your Desolator by going with your team and help them gank. Your ministun from Headshot will be very useful and if the enemy manages to escape, just finish him/her off with your ulti. When there is no gank you just farm in the lane or at the neutral camps to finish your Desolator as soon as you can.

Late game: After you get the Desolator you will be even more help to your team in ganks with your Ėarmor to the enemy. At this point you might think about getting an escape mechanism. Lotharís Edge is nice, but it can be countered by wards/gem, so it is better to get a Dagger of Escape.

If the game still goes on (normally it ends up around this time) you should buy a Hyperstone that will later become an Assault Cuirass. That will give your enemies -11 armor, and that hurts.(Not to mention the buffs you give to your allies.)

As you can see this kind of sniper is a supporter type, but still an effective killer.

Itembuild costs: 15 400 gold.

#2 The Slower build:

Skillbuild:

Lvl1- Headshot
    Lvl2- Take Aim
    Lvl3- Take Aim
    Lvl4- Headshot
    Lvl5- Take Aim
    Lvl6- Assassinate
    Lvl7- Take Aim
    Lvl8- HeadShot
    Lvl9- Headshot
    Lvl10- Stat
    Lvl11- Assassinate
    Lvl12-Stat
    Lvl13-Stat
    Lvl14-Stat
    Lvl15-Stat
    Lvl16-Assassinate
    Lvl17- Scattershot
    Lvl18- Scattershot
    Lvl19- Scattershot
    Lvl20- Scattershot
    Lvl21- Stat
    Lvl22- Stat
    Lvl23- Stat
    Lvl24- Stat
    Lvl25- Stat

Early game:
    Starting items: -2 Tango (4 charges), Circlet of Nobility, Gauntlets of ogre strength

Early game: At this stage your goal is to farm and stay alive. Buy a BoS and make 2 Bracers to have some HP. If you still has some money buy a Boots of Elvenskin.

Mid game: Buy a Boots of Travel. With this you can change lines easily and farm farm farm. If you do it right you can buy a Mithril Hammer soon and finish your Maelstrom. With that, farming will be easier, thatís why i donít get scattershot, because stats are more important and you can farm good enough with Mael. With this skillbuild you will always have the mana for your ulti so use it to kill and harass. Donít be greedy use it as a gank starter, and grant some kill to your teammates. If they screw it up you can still finish your pray with another shot of your ulti thanks to itís low Cool Down. Time to go for our main item the Eye of Skadi. ( I personally buy the Point Booster 1st.)

I know what most of you might think. Am i mad to use 2 orb effects? No, of course iím not. Donít forget that Skadi on ranged heroes is considered as not an orb effect. Furthermore, the combination of these 2 items will keep your nearly invisble attack animation so you can Tree Shoot the enemy.

Late Game: Finish the Skadi, and go hunting with your team. With your slow and minibash your enemy will find it hard to escape. Use Scattershot on the buildings to finish the game fast.

Itembuild costs: 14 230 golds. If the game goes on make a Mjollnir.

#3 The lifestealer build:

Skillbuild:

Lvl1- Headshot
    Lvl2- Take Aim
    Lvl3- Take Aim
    Lvl4- Headshot
    Lvl5- Take Aim
    Lvl6- Assassinate
    Lvl7- Take Aim
    Lvl8- HeadShot
    Lvl9- Headshot
    Lvl10- Stat
    Lvl11- Assassinate
    Lvl12-Stat
    Lvl13-Stat
    Lvl14-Stat
    Lvl15-Stat
    Lvl16-Assassinate
    Lvl17- Scattershot
    Lvl18- Scattershot
    Lvl19- Scattershot
    Lvl20- Scattershot
    Lvl21-Stat
    Lvl22- Stat
    Lvl23- Stat
    Lvl24- Stat
    Lvl 25-Stat

Starting items: 2 Tango (4 charges) and 5 Branch

Early game: At this stage your goal is to farm and stay alive. Buy a BoS and a Belt of Giant Strength (too boost your HP) and later make it a Power Treads.

Mid-game: Go for the Helm of the Dominator.(I prefer to buy the Helm of Iron Will 1st because it doesnít change your attack animation) This item will help you a lot, becuase it letís you dominate creeps. So itís time to get a tank, the best creeps to get are Centaur Khan and the Polar Furbolg Ursa Warrior since they can stun the enemy. These little beasts will help you farm, survive and even in killing your enemy, not to mention their help in ganks.

With my Centaur Khan who grants me Endurance aura (+15% AS) and has Hoof Stomp. (2 sec stun deals 25 dmg)

Late game: Hopefully at this stage you have a M. Reaver, so you can create a Satanic. Now that you have finished your life steal item, itís time to get damage and attack speed. For this i advise buying an MKB since it has components that can be useful in the earlier stages of the game.

Itembuild costs: 13 650 golds

IV. Optional items:

- Butterfly: This item gives you +60 damage (30dmg and 30 from the agility bonus) 30% evasion whih is very good if the enemy has heroes with passive bash ability. (Void, Slardar, Barathrum) and 30 % increased attack speed.
    I know that this item boosts you EHP more than AC does but since DotA is a TEAM game, and because AC gives +5 Armor and +15% AS to your allies, -5 Armor to your enemies, i think AC has more reasons to be a Core item in your build.

- Buriza-do Kyanon: Since you have relatively high attack speed, you need damage which this item gives you, with the oppurtunity to fire a 2,2x critical shot.

- Heart of Tarrasque: The best HP and HP regen giving item, and because you need both, this could be good choice for your sniper.

V. Alretnative items:

Sange&Yasha

Since Sniper is a chaser/finisher hero this item can be good for him, cause this is the only orb effect that doesnít changes your original attack animation. So you can make Tree Shooting (when you shoot your enemy from the woods, usually they only notice this after 2 or 3 shots, or when Headshotís ministun signal appears over their head). This item is good, when you find it hard to farm/last hit, since it hasnít got a component that is worth more than 1k gold.

Arcane Ring/Eul

There are some people who buy one of this items for Sniper early game. In a team match, where the tactic is about early push/tower destruction both items can be useful to you, and to your team. With these you can spam your Scattershot and Eul can be used as an escape mechanism too.

Diffusal Blade/Manta Style :

If the enemy has a Warlock i buy this item, if nobody else does in my team, since Diffusal can kill the Golem right away, granting some gold to me. Also it has a very good slowing ability. Later with 3 Snipers shooting from the back, the enemy will lose their HP and MP in no time.

VI. Not recommended items:

- Cranium Basher: Your Headshotís minibash breaks off the Cranium Bashers stun.

- Mask Of Madness: Although it boosts your attack speed and it gives you the lifesteal ability it also makes you more vulnerable which is a problem since you donít really have much HP.

VII. Good allies:

-Every hero with a disabler ability is good for him, but Lina , Lion , and Leshrac are the best, because they have ranged stun and nukes.

-Beast Master , Treant Protector , Nerubian Weaver :
    These heroes has the ability to make you see almost the entire map. With their help, you can fully benefit from your ultimates 2500 range.

VIII: Bad enemies:

- Heroes that can spam their spells, like Zeus and Lich .

-Assasins: NA, Rikimaru, etc.

With their invisibility they can surprie attack and kill you in no time. Buy Sentry Wards/Gem to avoid this from happening.

-Heroes with blink/blink-strike are also dangerous because they make your biggest advantage (your range) to disappear in no time.

-Since Sniper doesnít have any escape mechanism, it is likely that you will be ganked, so every disabler hero is a potential threat to you. For example Venge, Rhasta, etc.

thx for spending your time for read this. :)

Last Online
    01-24-2011 @ 12:33 AM
    Thanks

Re: Guide to The Dwarven Sniper

lol, y u quote the thread? ...

Lurker
    Last Online
    08-19-2009 @ 08:18 AM
    Thanks

• nice guide :) thx ...

Last Online
    01-24-2011 @ 12:33 AM
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kute_angel View Post
    • nice guide :) thx ...
    welcome~, enjoy staying on GzP. i will post more guide soon

Last Online
    02-16-2011 @ 10:53 PM
    Thanks

what's a better item for kardel ?

thx for this guide ..

Last Online
    10-14-2009 @ 06:05 AM
    Thanks

nc guide.. even though i hate using kardel

Last Online
    06-19-2014 @ 08:01 PM
    Thanks

nice !!

i will test your step

Last Online
    11-08-2010 @ 06:23 AM
    Thanks

nc guide, complete details..haha

sir pls post a guide for heroes which are hard to earn gold, tnx

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Last Online
    03-09-2012 @ 07:36 PM
    Thanks

This is a really old guide.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reputation Reputation
    Last Online
    06-06-2010 @ 10:40 AM
    Thanks

First thing about sniper, always solo the middle lane. You're not a supportive hero, you're the late game hero. Late game's mostly depends on you for your team if you're sniper.
    [

If you see a post or thread on GamerzPlanet that violates the rules, please use this (
    or
    ) button to report it.

| Read the
    before you post.
    | Use the
    before you ask.
    |

Closed Thread