Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Last Online
    04-11-2013 @ 09:29 PM
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] Anti Mage, Magina (v0.24 - Minor Update)

Anti-Mage a.k.a Magina

A well-known mana breaker.
    'I'm blind, not deaf.'

Introduction : Anti-mage is born with an unusual relation ship mana. Magina can easily manipulate an opponent mana with the purest form. Beside's that, the reason i make this guide is too balance the Sentinel Heroes Guide Section as requested by saint.

Version Changelog
    v0.11 - Added another skill build
    v0.12 - Added small guild for last hit & denies
    v0.13 - Changed font colours
    v0.13a - New guide for using blink wisely
    v0.14 - FAQ for item section added.
    v0.2 - Added Guinsoo Build and a little saving spaces image.
    v0.23 - Stated certain stuff.
    v0.24 - A little highlight for the key's.
    v0.3 - Changed font for better looking.

Future version might be adding a replay!
    Before we begin, please understand these few basic.

A little guide for last hit :-
    • Wait the creeps till red hp ( around last dot )
    • Hit it.
    o If you ask ' why do we wanna mastered this last hit? ' because it helps you to farm an item easily.

A little guide for deny :-
    • Wait your own creeps till red hp ( around last dot )
    • Hit it.
    o If you ask ' why do we wanna mastered this denies skills ' because it can stop your opponent for farming an item.

A little guide for ' how to avoid death ' :-
    • Always lure your opponent to your team-mate fighters.
    • Play hide and seek around their forest till you sure they are no longer there.
    • Play around with the Fog Of War.
    o If you manage to avoid death, you gold won't reduce. In fact, you could farm an item easy.

Pros :-
    • Running from battles easily.
    • Fast attack.
    • Doesn't scare those backstabber's.
    • Gain's extra attack
    Cons :-
    • Low health point ( HP )
    • Low Mana ( doesn't need to worry )
    • Must use this heroes intelligently and wisely.
    Begin,

Heroes overview :-

Anti Mage - Magina
    HP : 454 | Mana : 195
    Primary Attribute : Agility
    Range : 100 ( Melee )
    Movement Speed : 320
    Armor : 3
    Strength : 16 | Agility : 22 | Intelligence : 15
    Damage : 46 - 50

~ * Skill Description * ~

Mana Break

Level 1 - Burns 16 mana per attack
    Level 2 - Burns 32 mana per attack
    Level 3 - Burns 48 mana per attack
    Level 4 - Burns 64 mana per attack

Author's Comment : The only skill with every single blow drop an opponent mana. With this, you'll combine your ultimate make it an combo. Good for fighting an opponent which needed alot of mana to live/fight for example Skeleton King.

Blink

Level 1 - 12 second cooldown
    Level 2 - 9 second cooldown
    Level 3 - 7 second cooldown
    Level 4 - 5 second cooldown

Author's Comment : Teleports the anti mage to a nearby location. This skill will make magina inaction every time. This is also an important skill for anti-mage because it has low hp and can be used for running.

Spell Shield

Level 1 - Gives Magina a 10% spell resistance
    Level 2 - Gives Magina a 20% spell resistance
    Level 3 - Gives Magina a 30% spell resistance
    Level 4 - Gives Magina a 40% spell resistance

Author Comment's : Another important skill for anti-mage because it has low hp. Now with this skill, an intelligence hero with using magical attack will no longer unharmed you. This is skill passive.

Mana Void

Level 1 - Deals 0.6 damage for each point of mana missing
    Level 2 - Deals 0.9 damage for each point of mana missing
    Level 3 - Deals 1.1 damage for each point of mana missing

Author Comments : This skill mostly people been tricked of. It has a very fast stun rate about 0.25 seconds but it is good disabling an opponent channeling spells. This skill is also known as finishing move. You must make fully use for this skill and calculate your opponent mana with your first skill attack.

~ * Skill Build * ~

Normal Magina Build
    Level 1 : Blink
    Level 2 : Mana Break
    Level 3 : Mana Break
    Level 4 : Blink
    Level 5 : Mana Break
    Level 6 : Mana Void
    Level 7 : Mana Break
    Level 8 : Blink
    Level 9 : Blink
    Level 10 : Spell Shield
    Level 11 : Mana Void
    Level 12 : Spell Shield
    Level 13 : Spell Shield
    Level 14 : Spell Shield
    Level 15 : Stats
    Level 16 : Mana Void
    Level 17-25 : Stats

Resisting From Nukers
    Level 1 : Blink
    Level 2 : Spell Shield
    Level 3 : Spell Shield
    Level 4 : Blink
    Level 5 : Spell Shield
    Level 6 : Mana Void
    Level 7 : Spell Shield
    Level 8 : Blink
    Level 9 : Blink
    Level 10 : Mana Break
    Level 11 : Mana Void
    Level 12 : Mana Break
    Level 13 : Mana Break
    Level 14 : Mana Break
    Level 15 : Stats
    Level 16 : Mana Void
    Level 17-25 : Stats

Author Comments : Usually most of an anti-mage player use the ' Normal Magina Build ' instead the another build. Because you could kill heroes at the early game easily. The 2nd build are only good to versus intelligent heroes such as Lina Inverse, Slayer.

Item build [ i assume it as -ar game ]:-

Cranium Basher Build
    Ring of health [ 875 gold ]
    Wraith Band [ 485 gold ]
    Wraith Band [ 485 gold ]
    Boots of speed [ 500 gold ]
    Glove of haste [ 610 gold ]
    Power threads scroll [ 410 ]
    Mitrill Hammer [ 1610 gold ]
    Gaunlet of strength [ 150 gold ]
    Cranium Basher [ 1460 gold ]
    Mitrill Hammer [ 1610 gold ]
    Gaunlet of strength [ 150 gold ]
    Cranium Basher [ 1460 gold ]

o If they game is delayed , please go for The Butterfly and Vanguard. This is to prevent you from death. You might wanna add Void stone for completing perseverence.

Your item will be something like this :-
    This'll explain.

Guinsoo's Scythe of Vyse Build
    Ring of Health [ 875 gold ]
    Wraith Band [ 485 gold ]
    Wraith Band [ 485 gold ]
    Boot's of Speed [ 500 gold ]
    Glove's Of Haste [ 610 gold ]
    Power Tread's [ 420 gold ]
    Robe of Magi [ 450 gold ]
    Wizardy Staff [ 1000 gold ]
    Void Stone [ 900 gold ]
    Eul's Scepter of Divinity [ 450 gold ]
    Robe of Magi [ 450 gold ]
    Quarterstaff [ 1150 gold ]
    Sobi Mask [ 325 gold ]
    Oblivion Staff [ Free! ]
    Guinsoo's Scythe of Vyse [ 900 gold ]

o Extra's Item, please go for Cranium Basher or The Butterfly. This build are really old but they are still good in shape. But i do prefer to use the Cranium Basher build.

FAQ for Item

Why cranium basher?
    Because it give's +30 Damages extra, +3 Strength and has a 15% chances to bash with 25 damage and stun for 1.1 seconds. ( Good for killing )

Why power threads instead of boots of travels?
    Because power threads increase your attack speed which more important than adding your movement speed. Teleporting isn't important because magina has a high MS and fast blink cool down.

Why Ring Of Health/Perseverences?
    Because your hp are low and easily being harrassed at the early game.

Why vanguards?
    It add's hp and a little immune to the creeps make you easier to farm and not easily die.

Why the butterfly?
    Because it add's +25 Agility,+25 Damage,+25% Increase Attack Speed and +25 Evasion ( Your opponent will hit you with miss attack )

~ * Walkthrough * ~

Early Game :
    Level 1 ~ 6
    Before you begin your game and you got around 90 seconds before the first wave creeps started, try to explore the fog around it so it's easier to blink around there on after few minits. Always farm at the bottom lane for sentinel because the forest are bigger and you can blink around it so you won't be easily to die nor getting caught by your opponent. You will realised that going to the sentinel secret shop is far, so lend from scourge. For scourge, go to bottom lane too because it is the same concept. Beside's that, if you're confident that you can solo.. please do it so. It will helped you alot in the early game.
    At the early game, mostly people are always throw their mana because wanna harass you. Beware of it and observe their mana properly. Once you reach level 6 and you have your mana void. This is the time where you launch your first blood.

Middle Game :
    Level 7 ~ 17
    Always remember to hunt heroes because from now you're getting stronger. Hunting heroes with general thinking. Due to magina health point to low, you might feeding it to opponent instead of you kill your opponent. Remember, you need to have confident while battling or else you gonna get very messy. If you're not manage to hunt heroes yet, play farm type. Get a teleport scroll play teleport up and down so your opponent won't manage to backstab/kill you.

Late Games :
    Level 18 ~ 25
    The time where magina get's mad. You must play abit 'chicky'. Always play with their mind and you'll get benefit from there. With 2 cranium basher now, you absolutely doesn't have to worry because your stun now are almost passive. Just rush into the opponent and whack them. Still the same note , always observe your opponent mana so you can use mana void on them. With magina, i strongly suggest you to ks your opponent kill. It's completely easy to ks by using magina, when you play them.. you gonna realised it.

~ * Tip's & Trick * ~

Using blink wisely :
    Always use blink for running and killing enemy. Don't ever try to blink infront of nasty e.g. Sand King because when you blink infront of him ( of course that time you were trying to kill him ) he will straight press epicenter and stun you. That time you will be so DOOMED.If you're red hp, always use blink inside the forest or at the mountain. Always blink through another side so your opponent must turn a single round to get you.Last, you need to blink inside the Fog Of War so you opponent can't do anything except to guess which way you usually go ( he definetely think's that you will head to your base ). Hence, you run to their forest hide awhile until the situation are controlled then only you back to their base.

~ * Determine FOE or FRIENDLY * ~

Good Supporters :-
    A disablers and stunner would be good because it will prevent your enemy from moving/slowing. From there's, magina chopping skills are amazing as far as i know.

A very good disable skills such as shackles and voodoo's.
    His repel, heal, slowing skills are his ultimate's are completely good for you. His repel will make your body like Black King Bar. His heal good for you because your hp are low. The slowing skill make's you kill your opponent. His ultimate completely gay with 1000 armor, you no longer have to fear the melee opponent.

Bad opponents :
    A disablers and stunner would be bad because it will prevent you from moving/slowing. Beside's that, silence indeed is a bad skill for you because it will prevent you from blinking since the blink is your very important skills. The blink strike skill are also very gay because when you blink, then he blink strike you.. you won't be able to run.
    Balanar, with the void skill / silences and his night power that increase his movement attack & movement speed. Void make you walk slow and silences you , you won't be able to blink. He doesn't have alot mana thus he completely doesn't fear you at all.

Replay :-
    I will add it whenever i have time to fight with people. It won't be so soon =)

Screenshot :
    Please don't ask for it since it going to use alot of time. I don't wanna waste my time on it. Beside's that, you could just easily understand my word's. It's simple.

End notes

Added version changelog.
    Please state some stuff that i haven't put in there yet. Thanks for reading this guide.

Credit :
    IceFrog, for his invention DotA-Allstars.
    Sources : [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    GzP Forums

Regards,
    AkiraRave

Last edited by chiuenyu; 11-26-2006 at 04:20 AM.

Last Online
    05-23-2008 @ 04:51 AM
    Philippines <removed address, too specific>
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: [Guide] Anti Mage a.k.a Magina

well, you don't really need perseverance... you only need RoH early game

if you turn it to vanguard then it's ok, just don't buy a RoH for perse for magina coz the aditional mana regen doesn't suit him, he only has 2 skills and his blink is also spammable due to it's low mana cost

Last Online
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, i mention it. ( When it's delay-ed game ). In another way of thinking, Perseverence is kinda good because sometimes after you have fight, you don't have enough mana to blink and run away that's the problem usually people got. Anyway, it is not recommended =)

Btw, do you have any other comment's or skill/items build i left out?
    Post it xD

Last Online
    05-23-2008 @ 04:51 AM
    Philippines <removed address, too specific>
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why Ring Of Health/Perseverences?
    Because your hp are low and easily being harrassed at the early game.
    If you meant early game you're regen is low, perseverance isn't really needed, just RoH

and another thing, you might want to change the order of your guide

the pros and cons should be at the starting part so that reader should see what to expect, it's there for a reason you know

also,
    • Hit it.
    If you ask ' why do we wanna mastered this last hit? ' because it helps you to farm an item easily.

• Hit it.
    it's a silly mini guide but greatly helps noobs

but this isn't really needed in this guide, the word last hit speaks for itself

Last Online
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This mini guide sure help's noob alot. If you look at certain forum you will found out that someone will actually ask.. ' what is last hit? ' believe me, i'm experiences about this. So, to me.. it's better than i actually explain it to them. If they still ask, we'll just knock them out with a little words.
    If you really wanna play magina , you really need a good last hit skills because when you farm faster you can easily kill them at early game. This make your item build more fat. That's one of the reason i put those mini guide at there.

Btw, for the pro's/con's.. i've edit it x)

Thanks for the comment. Do you have more ? =)
    Last edited by chiuenyu; 09-17-2006 at 05:25 AM.

Last Online
    09-04-2007 @ 09:18 PM
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just a suggestion, dunno whether useful, so full free to correct me...

why dun you get hand of midas instead of treads, you dun really need the ms due to blink, and it can help you get more gold at early game...

Last Online
    09-09-2011 @ 07:41 AM
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice guide! I prefer to get 3 Gloves of Haste in the beginning (yes, 3, I'm not worried about dying or getting hit...I can blink-dodge). I turn them into a Treads + Midas, and the other I later on sell for a Butterfly. After Treads, I get a Basher, then Midas, then Butterfly. It's pretty easy to own with just these items.

Reputation Reputation
    Last Online
    06-06-2010 @ 10:40 AM
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try a Guinsoo build. It works very well for Antimage players who wants to own early game.

Well, good guide I say. But I hope you'll continue adding various item and skill builds to him. So update frequently. Stickied.
    [
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you see a post or thread on GamerzPlanet that violates the rules, please use this (
    or
    ) button to report it.

| Read the
    before you post.
    | Use the
    before you ask.
    |

Last Online
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes walking -ms are important because magina mana are very limited eventhough the blink mana used a few.

Guinsoo build, never thought of it.

Btw, i have added another skill build called ' Resisting Intelligents Heroes '
    Last edited by chiuenyu; 09-18-2006 at 12:15 AM.

Last Online
    05-16-2014 @ 06:38 PM
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

• Hit it.
    If you ask ' why do we wanna mastered this last hit? ' because it helps you to farm an item easily.

• Hit it.
    hey why are you repeating?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast