Hi, welcome to the FXP Tutorial of How To Make Your Very Own Skin. It's the EASY tutorial. Today I will be teaching you about Photoshop, Original and modified GVI, .DTX and how to skin.
By the way the SM has changed its name to FXP. Hope you like it :D
I know many people are 'living off us', by using our skins. NO OFFENCE. I mean, there's bound to be some people who don't like the skins. So, now you can make your very own skin from scratch, or a modified skin and re - modify it.
Note: US refers to the makers / editors of skins
First of all, these stuffs are very essential. Without these you can make nothing.
DOWNLOADS[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - Modified GVI
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - Original skins of Sudden Attack (Complicated)
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - Modify your skins using this
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - Put this into CS4's folder so that Photoshop is able to open Sudden Attack skins
Sorry, the Adobe Photoshop CS4 is a cracked ware from PortableApps Blogspot, if you don't like to download pirated applications please get a real purchased one.
Click on the file name to download.
Why DTX files is complicated? Have a look at this.
C4 Time Bomb (Taken from F O R T G A M I N G)
MP5 in SEA, NP5 in NA (Doesn't even look like MP5!)
Girl Character's Glove and Hands
Complicated, ain't it? So that's why you need even MORE than this easy tutorial. You need POCO, Zenyr's ultimate skin maker.
Take a look at my upload speed @ MediaFire. Slow, ain't it?
This is the modified glove of the girl character's hand (above)
Okay, so what you'll have to do after downloading is...
1. When you download Adobe Photoshop CS4, there is no SETUP. Just cut and paste the Adobe folder into somewhere safe, make a shortcut of Photoshop Cs4.exe and put it in your desktop.
2. Put the DTX Plugin (the 4th download above) into this folder. Please follow the path very carefully.
Go to wherever you put your Adobe Photoshop, open it, click App, Photoshop, Plug-ins, File Formats and paste the DTX Plugin there. The Plugin should be like this: DTXFormat.8bi
So the path should be like this:
Where you put Photoshop/App/Photoshop/Plug-ins/File Formats
Got it? No? READ CAREFULLY AND RE - DO EVERYTHING AGAIN.
3. Okay, now you've put in DTXFormat.8bi in Plug - ins, Photoshop will and must be able to read DTX format. If you didn't put and you try to open the DTX skin, it will say 'Invalid File'. Please don't be a fool.
Now, run Photoshop CS4. Then, click Accept when a License Agreement pops up. Try clicking Decline, and they will still allow you to use it ._.
This is how the pop up looks like:
4. Click File at the top left hand corner, then Open. A Open pop up would appear like this:
5. Go to the place where you downloaded DTX Files(FXP).rar to. Before that, please extract everything from the RAR. There will be 2 folders inside named 'tv' and 'pv'. Open that, and you will see all the .DTX skins inside, but just open 'pv'. FYI, 'tv' is the weapon that you see on other people.
6. Choose the weapon that you would like to modify. I would recommend you to start with something easy.
For weapons, start with: K2.DTX (K2)
For pistols, start with: ANACONDA.DTX (Colt Anaconda)
For knifes and throwing, start with whatever you want.
If you want to try other weapons first, please feel free to try. No one's stopping you :D
C. Anaconda (In superb graphic and specific detail)
You can start editing the weapons now. To get more brush designs, please go to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] to get more brushes. They have a tutorial on how to put the brushes in Photoshop and get them working.
THE EASY SKINNING TUTORIAL ENDS HERE.
FOR MORE COMPLEX TUTORIALS, I WILL DO IT IN EDIT 2 BECAUSE MY MUM ASKED ME TO OFF THE COMPUTER. SORRY!
Please, I SPENT A LOT OF TIME MAKING THIS TUTORIAL. Please +Rep me if I helped you, and if you want to share this with others, please give credits to the maker (FXP).
THE VIDEO TUTORIAL ON HOW TO PUT YOUR EDITED .DTX
FILES INTO SUDDEN ATTACK AND GET THEM WORKING IS HERE!
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXuevNShY_0"]YouTube- How to put edited .DTX in SA [FXP][/nomedia]
FXP_Kata signing off.