I would like to ask of every single user in this section, to follow the XHTML/CSS standards.

This is mainly because XHTML and CSS will make the web a whole lot more universal, rather than the "dirty" HTML 4.x versions.

Validators to check your webpage:

• The [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. - Also known as the HTML validator, it helps check Web documents in formats like HTML and XHTML, SVG or MathML.
  • The [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - Checks anchors (hyperlinks) in a HTML/XHTML document. Useful to find broken links, etc.
  • The [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - validates CSS stylesheets or documents using CSS stylesheets.
The above three can be used all-in-one by running the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Unlike the others, this tool helps improve the quality of a whole site, step by step, by finding the most popular documents that need to be fixed in priority.
Read more here:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I, however, do not recommend using XHTML 2.0 or XHTML 1.1, as most browsers don't support them yet. Though, I do believe that XHTML 2.0 will be the complete standard in the future.

Thanks.