1. Hi, Guest,

Currently we have three official hacks running. CSGO, Battlefield Hardline and Audition America. Be sure to check them out!

CSGO - "50 Shades of Gaben" - CSGO Cheat

Battlefield Hardline Cheat - FREE

Audition Redbana Hack [ARH Modz]

More to Come!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
CSGO VIP Cheats now available!! Click here to get a copy!
Dismiss Notice
Want to Shorten Your Long URL? Check out our sister website Tiniurl to solve your needs!

A Guide to the Reputation System

Discussion in 'GzP Help Files' started by Python, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Python

Python

The reputation system is designed to allow forum members to rate posts made by other members. Reputation points are indicated by the small blocks below the member’s name. Green blocks indicate positive reputation point, red blocks indicate negative reputation point and gray block indicate neutral (zero) reputation point.

The reputation point a member can give to another member is determined by the member’s reputation power. Each reputation power contributes to gain in recipients 1 reputation point.

For example, Member A has 4 reputation power. Member B has 10 reputation points. Member A gives positive reputation to Member B. So Member B has gained 4 reputation points from Member A and now has a total reputation point of 14.

It is also possible for members to give negative reputation. For negative reputation, total reputation power is divided by 2 and if the reputation power is an odd number, the lowest whole number is removed from the recipient’s reputation point.

For example, Member B has 3 reputation power. Member A has 100 reputation points. Member B gives negative reputation to Member A. So Member A will lose 1 reputation point (3/2 = 1.5, lowest whole number is 1) and have a total of 99 reputation points.

New members will have 10 reputation points and 0 reputation power by default. If a new member gives positive or negative reputation to others, it won’t have any effect on the recipient’s reputation points, they will get a neutral reputation. When members get 1 reputation power, they can increase another member’s reputation point by 1. Members cannot effect another member’s reputation negatively unless they have 2 or more reputation power. When the member has a minimum post count of 50 and 10 reputation point, they will gain 1 reputation power. This is implemented to prevent members from abusing the reputation system. After getting the first reputation power, members can gain reputation power by several ways:

- for every 365 days that has passed since registration, members gain 1 reputation power
    - for every 750 posts made, members gain 1 reputation power
    - for every 100 reputation points gained, members gain 1 reputation power

Administrators and Super moderators have a fixed reputation power of 50 for both positive and negative reputation. They can give or take 50 reputation points. Trial Super moderators and moderators have a fixed 50% more reputation power for both positive and negative reputation.

For example, a moderator who has 10 reputation power gave positive reputation to Member B, who had 100 reputation points. So Member B will gain 15 reputation points (10 x 50/100 = 5, 10 + 5 = 15) and have a total of 115 reputation points.

Trial moderators have no fixed rule for reputation power. So they have the same reputation power as a regular member.

The number of reputation point is indicated by the small square boxes below the name. Each box represents 100 reputation points.

[​IMG]

How to give reputation?

Members can give reputation by using the [​IMG] button below the recipient’s name. After clicking on the reputation button, a small window will pop up. Members can either approve (positive reputation) or disapprove (negative reputation) the post and write a small comment below.

[​IMG]

How can I check my reputation points?

To check your reputation point(s), go to Settings. You should find your total reputation points and your last 5 latest reputations received.

[​IMG]

Positive reputation will appear as a green ( [​IMG] ) box. Negative reputation will appear as a red ( [​IMG] ) box. Neutral reputation will appear as a gray ( [​IMG] ) box.

To check another member's reputation power, look in the left pane, below their name.

[​IMG]

F.A.Q

Question: I lost some of my reputation points, no one gave me any negative reputation. What happened?
    Answer: If you are sure no one gave you negative reputation, it is possible that an admin removed some of your reputation points. This could be because you traded rep with others or received meaningless reputation from other members.

Question: I don’t like someone on the forum. Can I give them negative reputation?
    Answer: Absolutely not! If you have any personal vendetta against another member, find some other way to solve it. Giving negative reputation just because you don’t like them is immature and you certainly won’t gain any respect for that.

Question: Why would I want to increase my reputation?
    Answer: Reputation earns you trust and respect from the community. There are also level 2 sections for certain games. You can gain access to those sections with 100+ reputation points and 150+ posts.

Question: I joined long time ago, but my reputation power is still 0. Why is that?
    Answer: You need to get the first reputation power by having minimum 50 posts AND 10 reputation point. Only after getting the first reputation power, it can be increased by the methods mentioned above.

Question: I already gave reputation (positive or negative) to someone and I can't seem to give it them again. Why is that?
    Answer: You need to spread reputation around by giving reputation to 20 other members before you are able to give reputation to that member again.

Question: How would I gain reputation point?
    Answer: Be active, post useful, insightful comments, help others when you can, post properly (with correct grammar and punctuation) and have a good sense of humor. DO NOT TRADE REPS! Look at the next question.

Question: Can I rep someone and tell them to rep me back?
    Answer: No, that is called rep trading and it's against the rules. Rep people if you feel they deserve it and don't expect them to rep you back. They may return it you, but never ask them for it. Rep trading will earn you 10 points infraction and cost you 25 to 50 reputation points. 30 points infraction will get you banned, so keep your infractions as low as possible. Just follow the rules. Here are the forum rules and below is an announcement forbidding rep trading.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them. I will try to answer them or let some other member answer it and I will post it in the F.A.Q section.

And finally, if you find any errors or have any problems in understanding anything let me know.

Credits

- vBulletin Doc - for info on the rep level and their descriptions
    - Skyline _GTR - for posting ways to gain reputation power
    - Void - for his tutorial on creating tables in posts
    - Jammerx2 - for the info on the staff's reputation rules
    - RonBWL - for contributing to the F.A.Q

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
    8 people like this.
  2. Mudkip

Mudkip GzP Underground GzP Underground

Nice post, with proper credits... don't see that often

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  3. maramizo

maramizo

Yeah mud, too bad you don't follow it :|
    Nice post anyways, gonna +Rep after 24 hours lol.

1 person likes this.
  4. Python

Python

Thanks to both of you. Appreciate the reps :)

And a HUGE thanks to who ever stickied this! :D

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  5. Mudkip

Mudkip GzP Underground GzP Underground

What's that suppose to mean?

6. xmang

xmang

Are you sure that every 365 days since registration, users will gain 1 rep power? ;O

Check my join date.

7. Rinzler

Rinzler

You have to have 50 posts in order to have rep power.

8. Python

Python

Yes, you need to have minimum 50 posts and 10 reputation points to get the first reputation power. Only then you can get more reputation power. You have the correct reputation power now.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  9. Jammerx2

Jammerx2 Retired Staff Member GzP Underground

Great tutorial, hopefully it will keep some people from posting threads about it. On that note, just a couple things to point out.

Administrators and S. Mods are not effected by the negative rep being devided by two, they will +/- rep 50 either way.

15 points is not necessarily a ban, 30 points is a ban and it can be temporary. 15 points will just make the user closer to being banned.

Also, S. Moderators have a fixed reputation power of 50 as well.

Trial S. Moderators and Moderators have 50% more reputation power for both + and - rep, and are not effected by negative rep being devided by two. For example, I have 18 reputation power, when I + or - rep someone they will gain or lose 27 repuation because 18+9=27.

Trial Moderators reputation power is the same as a regular users would be.

I was going to sticky this but it seems Skyline beat me too it =P

Regards,
    Jammerx2

10. Python

Python

Thanks, I will add all that to the guide when I get some time :)

Edit: Fixed.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  11. dragonkero

dragonkero

Very impressive. When I was reading this, I was wondering why didn't someone already make one. +Rep.

1 person likes this.
  12. Python

Python

Thank you :)

Glad you found it useful. :biggrin1:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  13. chinket

chinket

nice guide for reputation. now i understand how to calculate for this one :)
    +rep sir ..

14. Inned

Inned

thanks for this.

15. GoldenEagles

GoldenEagles

Aight people. The whole point of the rep system is so you don't spam the forums and instead click the rep button >.>

16. Jammerx2

Jammerx2 Retired Staff Member GzP Underground

This doesn't need to be responded to, unless you have some valuable input other than thanks. That's what the +rep button is for =P

Only reply if you have any questions or useful comments.

Regards,
    Jammerx2

17. Tyra

Tyra

How do i increase my reputation in this website?any good suggetions

---------- Post added 09-08-2010 at 02:13 PM ----------

How do i increase my reputation in this website?any good suggestions?

18. Python

Python

Read the guide properly before asking questions please. I have already given some advice in the F.A.Q section.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  19. thuynguyen2412

thuynguyen2412

hihi.................hello every body........................

20. NightShade-

NightShade-

oohh thx for the effort not putting any errors
    and its really useful to newbies ^^