1. Hi, Guest,

Currently we have three official hacks running. CSGO, Battlefield Hardline and Audition America. Be sure to check them out!

CSGO - "50 Shades of Gaben" - CSGO Cheat

Battlefield Hardline Cheat - FREE

Audition Redbana Hack [ARH Modz]

More to Come!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
CSGO VIP Cheats now available!! Click here to get a copy!
Dismiss Notice
Want to Shorten Your Long URL? Check out our sister website Tiniurl to solve your needs!

Cable Modem Uncapping Kit 6.3

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by Citizin, Dec 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Citizin

Citizin Retired Staff Member

Update (3/5/2013)
    Reminder: This is illegal. You are breaking the law by modifying a cable modem connected to a ISP network not owned by you. This is in a way considered stealing. You are taking to much then what you should be given, and what you pay for. This should be used and explored with curious minds wanting to learn something new. This should not be used to steal internet service from your local providers. Doing so could also result in Jail time, it is a felony offense. Please look into this more if this is actually your intent, because it could cost a lot more then what it's worth.

The programs inside will help you 'uncap' your Cable Modem, this does NOT work with DSL/ADSL/SATA or any kind of service that doesn't use Docsis and a cable line. This software is also intended for Motorola Surfboard Cable Modems, but has been known to work with many more as well.

This software is also considered OLD now, by the time of my writing. Newer versions are available somewhere on the internet, but be aware of what you download. The Cable Modem Uncapping software "one clicks" should be Java runtime files, and the rest are usually small EXE's that do certain parts of the process one at a time. Do not consider doing this as a business for modems, you will get caught, and charged. This has already happened before.

I would also suggest you NOT tamper with Modems or Hardware that is NOT ACTUALLY YOURS. This means Modems and Devices you are renting from your ISP. You don't actually own these devices, unless it is a modem that you bought from them, or you went to your local electronics store and picked one up. Modifying a modem that is not yours could lead to you paying for it down the line.

If you do own your own Cable Modem then great, but if you do decide to uncap your modem for the purpose of long term service with intentions on stealing from your ISP, then you will most likely be caught. It is still illegal to 'have a uncapped modem on a network'. At least if the network doesn't belong to you. It would then be considered stealing, this is a felony. It works this way because you are given a certain speed on your node/HUB. Whatever you are closer to, it's just how Cable Modems work. Each branch is given a set amount of bandwidth, and if you start to take up all of it they will notice on a certain Node or HUB that your modems MAC is taking up all of the speed from everyone else because it is so much. This will lead to the modem getting shut off, and possible charges being brought against you. Not only are you tampering with very expensive networks, but you are also stressing them out, and taking away from the user experience that OTHERS are paying for. It all leads up to a bad ending. So my best advice, is moderation.

The below files for the Cable Modem Uncapping are old, I haven't been around in years and the file has just been sitting here. I will get around to uploading the newer ones, but for right now I think those files should only go to the ones that can actually use Google to do a search for something.

Remember, moderation!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
    2 people like this.
  2. uwanttodie

uwanttodie

yea and people shouldnt leave there cable modem uncaped for a long time because u will probally get busted.

3. Master Penguin

Master Penguin

il turn it off ones im done downloading "Backdoor Sluts: 9"

thnx again for this

4. ChAoSzRiDaH

ChAoSzRiDaH

i wish i had cable T.T they don't have any significantly good DSL ones

5. [JDboy]

[JDboy]

ahhh 5-0 5-0 the popos come knockin'....gahaha...too dam risky to try.....but if a lived in a town that law enforcement wasnt that good ill try it.

6. SushiFi5h

SushiFi5h

there is a way to uncap a dsl modem too don't let ur hopes down pm citizin he has all that crap

7. Jinx

Jinx

I've wanted to try this for so long. But getting caught -.-

8. ChAoSzRiDaH

ChAoSzRiDaH

o_O? ... but dsl is like totally different from cable ... i'll give it a try

9. Citizin

It will ONLY work for cable modems. +Rep if this works for you.

10. timekeeper

timekeeper Retired Staff Member

Cool, I just realized I have cable :p, so lemme try it. Thanks!

11. Citizin

You just relized you have cable? Lmao.

12. Andrew052

Andrew052

Has anyone actually done this and not got caught / busted?

13. Citizin

There was one guy before the reset that did, one got fined, and some other guy got a big lecture.

There was a guy in Arizona who lost his net. Like im saying this isen't a game they take it seriously.

P.S
    This don't make you a pro hacker ;)

14. [JDboy]

[JDboy]

hey citizen sorry for posting your firefox thing without your permission. Atleast i gave you credit right? i didnt take credit for it.

15. Sep

Sep

Different yes, but it is still fast. The maximum thoroughput for a DSL carrier is somewhere around 45 Mbps.

16. Tien

Tien

ohh man,this sounds sick.Wish I had cable so I could try this out..Lol.

17. Slayerduck

Slayerduck

What happens if thay bust you..?

And how fast is a person going to get busted :O?

18. MysTiCy

MysTiCy Banned

To Thomson cable modem owners: Its not working, i have searched information all around web, and tried to enable all dev menus, >not uncappable<

19. ninjaman

ninjaman

LOL how fast u dl file?

20. Mudkip

Mudkip GzP Underground GzP Underground

someone in my class did this, and his (and mine...) ISP called him like 1 day later asking him if he uncaped his modem. then he just sayed like "uncaped? WTF is that.. i dont know"

and then the ISP sended some guy to his house to recap it...

so i guess that if i uncap it, theyll find out really fast, (but maybe that depends on the ISP) but im not gonna try it, i dont wanna lose my cable. or pay them couse the have to send someone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.