Dismiss Notice
Want to Shorten Your Long URL? Check out our sister website Tiniurl to solve your needs!

How to - Make a World of Warcraft TBC Server

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft Private Server Discussion' started by D3@th~P3n@lty, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D3@th~P3n@lty

D3@th~P3n@lty Registered User

First off your going to need to get your WoW client Version to 2.1.3 TBC (The Burning Crusade)

NOTE: If your version is already higher than that, then just re-install TBC and goto:
    http://www.wowfiles.org/ - Just get up to 2.1.3

Download all the files below:

Framework 1.1 = http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en
    Install this one first.

Framework 2.0 = http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...CB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en
    For some reason it wont work without it... :p

MaNGOS server (TBC) = http://www.sendspace.com/file/hzvx02

MaNGOS database (TBC) = http://www.sendspace.com/file/mrt1m3

SQLyog = http://www.sendspace.com/file/8hez3e

Mysql server 5.1 = http://dev.mysql.com/get/Downloads/MySQL-5.1/mysql-5.1.20-beta-win32.zip/from/pick#mirrors

Now to the harder parts:
    NOTE: make sure that you follow these directions as best you can

2. Installation:
    - FIRST install MySQL server, pick standard configuration, put mysql username: root and for password you should use: mangos, then install SQLyog
    - install MaNGOS server wich will automatically extract all needed data, so it will be running for about an hour!
    - extracting will be finished when the command window will display: Press any key to finish!, do not close when it idles at "No Errors." This proccess takes a very long time!
    - install MaNGOS database to your MaNGOS SQL folder
    - right click on MANGOS database in SQLyog, then select IMPORT BATCH FILE and select SDB.SQL from C:/MANGOS/SQL/ and import it (just click Execute) - This proccess also takes a long time.
    - Go into your WoW folder and find a file called ad.exe if you dont ave it download it here:
    - Run ad.exe and when it has finished copy the vmaps+maps folders into your mangos directory

3. Config files
    - configure MANGOS.CONF & REALMD.CONF for your needs, but they are already configured for default system

4. Accounts
    - You can create account with this command in mangosd.exe window:
    create USERNAME PASSWORD

5. Starting server
    - click mangosrr.exe on your desktop.

Go into you wow directory (C:/Program Files/World of Warcraft) And find a file called "realmlist.wtf" and open it with notepad
    change it to: set realmlist 127.0.0.1

Start World of Warcraft and log into the account you made.

6. GM Commands
    - When you logon, type in ".commands" to see what you can do :)
    Heres alittle starter

.modify scale (number .01-3) - Select yourself and it will change your size
    .fly on - Select yourslef, Allow you to fly anywhere
    .level 255 - Gives you 255 Level ups
    .modify fly 10 - Select yourslef, Increase you fly speed
    .speed 10 - Select yourslef, Increase you run speed

7. Problems

If something does not work please post here and i will help you as best i can Thank you, i have updated all the links... now you have to update your WOW client to version 2.1.3

Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  2. dracona5254

dracona5254 Registered User

hi I got a problem I made a server that is antrix version 2.1.1 and the thing is that when I set it up and log on I can't make any of the new races I have the expantion and my game is patched up to 2.1.1 alos when I try to make a toon I get dissconnected I am up to date on the maps and such but I don't know what is going on please help me. :) thanks in advance

3. hafell

hafell Registered User

Cant you just give me a link so i can download it:p?(im new to this so this gets way to hard for me=P)

4. D3@th~P3n@lty

dracona, i had the same problem one time.... make sure ur a lvl 3 Gm, sometimes when u make normal player accounts they dont let you make blood elves or dranei's i have no idea y, im hoping they fix this stupid error,

and hafell, if u goto http://www.isohunt.com and search for the wow server im sure that u will find it...

5. miguelіtoux

miguelіtoux Registered User

Agreed, wouldnt it be easier if you gave us a link?

6. Random402

Random402 Registered User

lol some of the links dont work or in other words the file was removed...

7. bigboom

bigboom Registered User

As Random said some links don't work (same for me) and I keep getting an error when I hit the desktop shortcut it says: Missing Shorcut:Windows is searching for mangosarrr.exe, click to browse.

8. darkvulture

darkvulture Registered User

so does any1 have better links?

9. darkvulture

darkvulture Registered User

sry for the double post but i think this was copied from somewhere els because i found the same exact guide on another site

10. Random402

Random402 Registered User

11. D3@th~P3n@lty

srry u think that it was taken from another site... obviously u havent read the OFFICIAL readme for mangos, lol.

i used the same guide from that readme and made it alittle bit simplier for ppl that wanted a server but didnt kno how to do it...

next week im gunna post more links to these files on sendspace so that ppl can do it

12. abraa112

abraa112 Registered User

Hey D3@th~P3n@ity this is a fantastic guide, i just got a few questions though.

-Is this guide based on windows? and if it is wat version
    -If it is based on another OS, What is it and where do i get it
    -finally, i just wanted to know if you have any updated links (most of the ones provided are broken) and can I use the updated versions of the software above? i.e: dot net 3, and the updated MaNGOS server?

Thank you in advance, and keep up the good work! :)

13. D3@th~P3n@lty

Ok abraa, and EVERYONE, i have updated all of the links,

This guide is intended for any version of windows XP, i have found a new database that is version 2.1.3
    so i edited the guide for that version

btw, if any1 wants to join my private server, email me at medopersia7777777@hotmail.com with the username and password that you want

to connect to my server change your realmlist.wtf to "set realmlist 192.168.1.103"

Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  14. D3@th~P3n@lty

your prblem is that either you didnt fully extract your vmaps when the mangos database was installing, or that you didnt extract your maps using ad.exe inside your wow folder, OR you did both and you didnt copy them into your mangos folder,

tell me what you did, and i can fix it for you, (the problem isnt in the .conf files)

15. idiotman77

idiotman77 Registered User

i did everything i can login but when i select realm the realm select keeps popping up and i cant make a character tell me how to fix that

Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  16. spottswoode911

spottswoode911 Registered User

uh yeah im all good until i go to the part where i havt to run ad. and then copy and vmaps and maps cause after the mangos server thing says a duplicate file is there or it connot be found, (after exaction of vmpas and maps) and when i run mangossarr it just flickers on and off and mangosd. doesnt run it just pops up and goes down right away.

any help?

17. spottswoode911

hey hooser, how did you get it working?

18. spottswoode911

hey hooser how did you get it working?

19. spottswoode911

hey hooser how did you get your server working cause i think we had the same problem with the mangosarr and the realmd and stuff.

20. pure_evil69_59

pure_evil69_59 Registered User

hi im new to all this i wonder if some one would be able to help me.
    i have set up everything and managed to create the user account but when i log on it will not let me go any further then to select the relm, i press okay but then it goes back to it again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.