1. Hi, Guest,

Currently we have three official hacks running. CSGO, Battlefield Hardline and Audition America. Be sure to check them out!

CSGO - "50 Shades of Gaben" - CSGO Cheat

Battlefield Hardline Cheat - FREE

Audition Redbana Hack [ARH Modz]

More to Come!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
CSGO VIP Cheats now available!! Click here to get a copy!
Dismiss Notice
Want to Shorten Your Long URL? Check out our sister website Tiniurl to solve your needs!

item build for drow ranger

Discussion in 'Dota All-Stars' started by nightzmarez, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nightzmarez

nightzmarez

Recomended Item Build For Drow Ranger

Starting items:
    Sapphire Water + multiple Circlets/ Ironwood Branch

1. Lothar's and Boots(lothar don build so fast)
    2. Mask of Death(must)
    3. Upgrade Boots to Treads
    4. Complete Helm of Dominator, Buriza
    5. Hyperstone, another Buriza

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Brief explanation to item build:

1. Depending on how good you’re in last hitting/ harassing, you may get more Circlets/ Ironwood Branches, or in extreme cases, Wraith Band. Do note that the more early item you buy, the slower you will reach Lothar’s Edge, which is crucial to your success from mid game onwards.

2. Lothar allows Drow to escape in sticky situations;

3. Helm of Dominator is a wierd choice, and here's the explanation: once you have marksmanship, when you instantly kill a creep with 1000 HP, you'll leech 1000* % of lifesteal, this will allow you to stay in lane forever. From mid game onwards you can always kill all neutral creeps to gain life. Why Helm of Dominator? Since Drow + Mask of Madness = suicidal, and the additional benefis of Helm of Dominator justifies the additional $950 gold (5% additional life steal, 5 armor, 10 damage). One issue though. Once you have Helm of Dominator, Frost Arrows only work when you autocast it. No more single cast frost arrow harassing.

4. Other orb considerations: Basically frost arrows override all other orb effects except feedback. In this case, feedback will override single cast frost arrows, and autocast frost arrows will override feedback. However, there's no synergy between Drow and feedback so feedback is a no no for her.

5. The remaining items are straight forward, just pump your killing power and fight! At first it seems illogical to get a second Buriza for Drow Ranger (the second Buriza only gives an additional 16% chance of doing critical attack), but since there isn’t any better choice, I will still recommend Buriza over other damage weapons.

Dont build the item down here
    Monkey King Bar: The mini-stun from Monkey King Bar will interrupt Marksmanship when they are both triggered. From the
    Critical Attack and Basher FAQ, it seems logical to deduce that the bonus damage from Monkey King Bar will override Marksmanship.

Butterfly: Like Sange and Yasha, Butterfly gives you a bit of everything. Effectively, Butterfly gives you 52 damage (bonus from trueshot aura included), 50% IAS, and an EHP boost against physical attack (from evasion) at a cost of 6k gold. In terms of damage boost it’s worse than Buriza, and Drow Ranger doesn’t really need more resistance against physical attack. Frost Arrow and high armor are already pain in the ass to physical damage dealer enemies. With or without Evasion, Drow Ranger should have no problem dealing with heroes with no nukes. Plus you always have Lothar’s Edge to help when things go wrong. The fact that evasion does not help against nukes is a main reason why I recommend a second Buriza over Butterfly.

Manta Style: Images cannot cast frost arrows nor mana burn, Trueshot Aura helps the images a bit, but since you’re building Drow based on agility, the increase in DPS is still insignificant.

Sange and Yasha: You don’t need another skill to slow enemies since the one you have is great. If you get a few levels of attribute bonuses early on, there is no need for the HP bonus from Sange.

jz from a player from
    dota portal

2. fen92

fen92

Wtf lol ,u must post this in guide section beside...U build 2 buriz !???!?!?!?!?noooo......lol ,My Build:
    Power Treads
    Butterfly
    Buriz
    Hyperstone

With these item oledi can own.

3. saint

saint Retired Staff Member

I did rather you make a complete guide on it.However,a good step to contribution.

And fen92,please edit your Sniper guide.I am getting really annoyed by the way you edit your guides.Edit it the right way.

4. tokyotribe

tokyotribe

nice lesson night cause i only use drow ranger once and find it hard to use now i try ur style.

5. saint

Get one burize and get butterfly after that instead of 2 burizes.

6. fen92

fen92

I edit it wasnt it ...arh ...wait ..dun have much times ,give me few more days.

7. AaronOXX

AaronOXX

Nice item build, but I like only some ideas.

So my full item build:
    Threads, Lothar's, Helm, Butterfly, Buriza, Divine.

By the way, your black font sucks.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2006
  8. fen92

fen92

Lol,why 2 buriz ... buying lothar is nice,herm ...ya lets try this build

Power Treads
    Buriz
    Lothar
    Butterfly
    Aegis
    Divine Rapier

Or beside of making divine,u can make mkb

9. AaronOXX

AaronOXX

2 burizah's critical won't come out at the same time, yah?

10. DevoX

DevoX

... THE MANA BURN WORKS ON IMAGE !!!
    TRY IT !!

11. saint

Getting black king bar is better than lothar's.Silence isnt that perfect.I did rather make myself invulnerable to others rather than a 9 second windwalk.And lothar's edge can be counted easily.Either with gems,wards or massive team of disables or guinsoo's,you're as dead as you can ever be.

Divine is some an item that I see in all the items builds of yours.However,I doubt that you manage to get it everytime or most of the time.Out of 30 games,I can say you only got it once or twice.Unless you're aiming for Aegis and Divine right from the start,the game will end by then since you'll be getting other level 3 items such as Butterfly and Burize.Divine is only achieved when the game pro-longs into some sort of a deathmatch or like I said earlier,you've been aiming for it right from the start itself.Unless your item build aims for Divine and Aegis directly,listing Divine in your item build sounds like "small talk".

And you're thinking of getting a divine without even having a black king bar and aegis.Even with divine,you're aint a god and can pretty much be killed in seconds with smart/good players.You're still a fragile hero.

I dont see you contributing any guides,save the talk till then.

12. fen92

fen92

Wow reali? thats gay or making 2basher for drow is 2 GAY~Perma bash+crit damn pain.

13. AaronOXX

AaronOXX

Black King Bar isn't perfect too, and it only last for a miserable 10 seconds.
    You cannot doubt Lothar's use in mid game, and in mid game, BKB is not useful because you will definately die after 10 seconds.
    If there are disablers, I'll buy BKB before Divine and discard Lothar's.

If the game prolongs, I will buy that. If not, I will just stop my item build at where I was.

I don't have to create a guide to have the rights to comment... Besides, the font colour-background coordination really sucks that I have to highlight or I'll have to strain my eyes.

Whatever, but I could write a guide of my favourite heros, now that you have mentioned.

14. AaronOXX

AaronOXX

Your damage will not be high... And her attack speed is not very fast.

15. saint

Black King Bar allows you to run without getting disabled,and with drow's movement speed,she'll get away most of the times if you know how run smartly.Black King Bar works well with her from early game till late game.How can you say it doesnt work well with her in mid game?Examples?The fact is,it works well with her.With lothar's edge,you're going to sneak up on a hero's behind,hit him a few times,get stunned,killed or lose your kill.Unless you're planning on sneaking up behind low-life heroes the whole time.So even with Burize or Butterfly,you're not going to make it without Black King Bar.Stunners or disables will set your fate.If there aint any stunners,guinsoo's were made for a reason then.Isnt that kind of stupid to say that Black King Bar is useless in mid-game?How can 10 second immunity to spells be useless?And you're talking about drow who relies on her attacks mostly to kill.Meaning she doesnt have any spells that can do damage to help her in battle.So shooting her arrows like that means she does normal damage instead of a 300 damage spell.She takes out her opponents in a longer duration compared to other heroes.She can easily lose her kill with a stun or disable.

Dont get me wrong,I aint saying Lothar's Edge is useless.I am just saying replace that lothar's edge with black king bar and I am sure it'll turn out better.

At the least,I have never seen a team without a single disable/stunner.And like I said,good players will get guinsoo if they find you troublesome.Guinsoo was made for a reason.

Commenting is one thing.The way you comment is another thing.

I would be glad if you're willing to write a guide.That section needs some extra guides.Dont hestitate to write.If I find them good,I might sticky them to seperate them among the rest.Goodluck ^_^

P.S : Edit your post instead of double posting Aaron.

16. AaronOXX

AaronOXX

Buying Black King bar in the beginning will make you lose to other people in terms of damage.
    Dude, if you find it hard to make think your way, give it up.
    Because I only use Lothar's to escape. Hunting will be purely backstab or frontstab.
    Black King Bar will render your damage lower than other players, so for me it is a no-no.

If there is a disabler, I just don't hunt him without my teammates, simple.

Thank you for your encouragement.

17. DevoX

DevoX

AaronOXX look at your post,you are double posting.
    Hope i am not wrong because sometimes my eyes have problem.
    =X played too much computers

18. AaronOXX

AaronOXX

Huh?
    Look again, am I double posting?

19. saint

It buffs your hit points and it does buff up some damage.Power threads,Black King Bar and 4 more circlets or wraith bands could easily deal enough damage early game.I can assure you it does not lose out to enemies in terms of damage completely.And by mid-game,I usually have my Crystalis or Demon Edge by then.

No one is telling you to think like I do.Buying lothar's edge for the sake of escaping sounds more like a waste of gold.I am not questioning it's capabilities of helping out.I am sure it does.However,if you're talking about damage,but you cant unleash it properly with disruptions in the middle of it,I dont see how does Black King Bar lose out to Lothar's?

20. AaronOXX

AaronOXX

BKB and Lothar's are both not items that are good at pumping damage.

Comparing BKB and Lothar's isn't fair because the use, motives are not similar at all.

In terms of damage, BKB and Lothar's both isn't good.
    Lothar's for escaping is good, BKB too. But I choose Lothar's because I feel it is better.

Since we cannot persuade each other to change views, let's drop this issue.
    What do you say?

Of course BKB and Lothar's each have its pros and cons, and how you weigh them depends on thinking...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.