Dismiss Notice
Want to Shorten Your Long URL? Check out our sister website Tiniurl to solve your needs!

poco_loco's Nerubian Weaver Skadi Guide

Discussion in 'Scourge Heroes Guides' started by poco_loco, Jul 8, 2006.

1. poco_loco

poco_loco Registered User

poco_loco’s

[​IMG]

Nerubian Weaver
    SkadiGuide

[​IMG]

chill dude!

Anub'seran. The name of this creature strikes fear into all those who have seen the Nerubians. Even the famed assasin Anub'arak is hesitant to fight this beast, which comes form the plane of the spirit world. He can swiftly walk through his enemies, bending their bodies to his will, causing pain while he strides through them. With his powers over the timeless plane, he can also step inside and throw himself into the past to keep himself from death. He can call an attack from the future to strike his foes, making him onslaught more deadly. Anub'seran. Only the fools do not fear this name.

I. Table of Contents
    1. Introduction
    2. Summary
    - Pros
    - Cons

3. Stats and Skills
    4. Skill and Item Build
    - Skill list
    - Short item list
    - Long item list
    - Recommended Items

5. Strategy Guide
    - Early Game
    - Middle Game
    - Late Game

6. Important Tactics
    - How to use time lapse properly
    - Placing Watchers

7. Helpful Tips
    - Nice Teammates
    - Unpleasant Heroes
    - Easy Preys
    - The Chicken Plot
    - Rescue missions
    - Quick Backstab
    - Tower Breaking

8. FAQ
    9. Final Note
    10. Replay Section – It's a hassle, maybe some other time
    11. Credits

1. Introduction

Before I start blabbing about this guide, I’d like to inform you all that I wrote this in MS Word and that some of the font’s color’s might override the default color of GzP because I used the color black, sorry for the inconvenience.

Why make a guide for Nerubian Weaver? Because I want to change other people’s perception about him not being useful at all, this insect is surely to bring some pain in to your ass like the bugs in your bed.

Nerubian Weaver is good in almost every field of dota (except for the combo killing skills), he’s a nice harasser, fast IAS, crazy MS of 522, and has double attack (like the skill in ragnarok) which I enjoy too.

2. Summary

This guide is made in order to enlighten people the real value of your skill watcher and how to be godlike without having a single death. This focuses on the SKADI build.

We wouldn’t just put a point or two in your skill watcher, we’ll maximize it to it’s full potential and use shukuchi as often as we could so that you could witness the power of shukuchi in harassing enemies (recommended for earlygame only)

-pros:
    400 range (being ranged is always an advantage ain’t it?)
    1.49 second speed (cooldown) (+14%IAS)
    a gay harassing skill (shukuchi)
    has many eyes (watchers, he’s an insect, he has many eyes, lol)
    -cons:
    a crappy life of 435 level 1
    no combo killing skill
    very item dependant

3. Stats and Skills

Stats

Strength - 15 + 1.5
    Agility - 14 + 2.5
    Intelligence - 15 + 1.8

Attack range of 400

Damage: 31 - 41
    Armor: 1 (5% reduction)
    Movespeed: 290

Skills

[​IMG]

Watcher
    Raises an invisible Watcher from a corpse.

Level 1 - 1 maximum.
    Level 2 - 2 maximum.
    Level 3 - 4 maximum.
    Level 4 - 6 maximum.

Many People don't like this spell. I disagree to those people who think that it’s better to have this hero skip a point on this. Watchers are moving Observer Wards (they don't have true sight), giving you information about what’s going on outside without having to go there.

[​IMG]

Shukuchi
    Causes the Nerubian Weaver to move so fast as to become invisible. Any units passed through will take 90 damage.
    Lasts 4 seconds

Level 1 - 13 second cooldown.
    Level 2 - 11 second cooldown.
    Level 3 - 9 second cooldown.
    Level 4 - 7 second cooldown.

You become invisible and get 522 movespeed. You hurt enemies if you pass through them. Good for farming and harassing.

[​IMG]

Geminate Attack
    Occasioanlly the Nerubian Weaver will send out two swarms, attacking an opponent twice.

Orb Effect

Level 1 - 7 second cooldown.
    Level 2 - 6 second cooldown.
    Level 3 - 5 second cooldown.
    Level 4 - 4 second cooldown.

[​IMG]

Time Lapse
    Warps time back on itself, transporting the weaver 5 seconds into the past.

Level 1 - 120 second cooldown.
    Level 2 - 90 second cooldown.
    Level 3 - 60 second cooldown.

If you cast this, you will have the same manapoints, HP and position as 5 seconds ago, and all negative buffs are gone. This allows you to stay alive (making a kill) or evade a fountain-trip.

4. Skill and Item Build

Skills:

Level 1-8 (early game)

Level 1 – Shukuchi
    Level 2 – Geminate
    Level 3 – Geminate
    Level 4 – Shukuchi
    Level 5 – Shukuchi
    Level 6 – Time Lapse
    Level 7 – Shukuchi
    Level 8 – Geminate

Level 9-16 (middle game)

Level 10 – Watcher
    Level 11 – Watcher
    Level 12 – Watcher
    Level 13 – Watcher
    Level 14 – Attribute Bonus

Level 17-25 (late game)

Level 17-23 – Attribute Bonus
    Level 23-25 – Time Lapse

Explanation: Shukuchi always deals a 90 full damage on your enemies (without planewalker’s or other magic resistant stuff like flesh heap) so in the early game you don’t really need to put points on it, just use to harass your enemies.

I just did it for the drama

Time Lapse isn’t really oftenly used but definitely needed, that’s why I just putted one point on it so that if ever I face someone like Bloodseeker (Stygyrwyr) or Venomancer (Lesale Deathbringer), I could just cancel the negative buff then voila, I’m cured, safe and sound.

Items:
    Short list

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

1. Eye of Skadi
    2. Black King Bar
    3. Buriza-do Kyanon
    4. Boots of Travel
    5. Monkey King Bar
    6. Radiance

Long list

1. Boots of Speed
    2. Ring of Regeneration
    3. Gloves of Haste + Power Threads Recipe Scroll = Power Threads
    4. Slippers of Agility + Circlet of Nobility + Wraith Band Recipe Scroll = Wraith Band
    5. Slippers of Agility + Circlet of Nobility + Wraith Band Recipe Scroll = Wraith Band
    6. Ultimate Orb
    7. Ultimate Orb
    8. 6 + 7 + Point Booster + Eye of Skadi Recipe Scroll = “Eye of Skadi”
    9. Ogre Axe + Broadsword + Black King Bar Recipe Scroll = Black KingBar
    10. Broadsword + Claws of Attack + Crystalys Recipe Scroll = Crystalys
    11. Crystalys + Demon Edge + Buriza-do Kyanon Recipe Scroll = Buriza-do Kanyon
    12. Sell Power Threads, Boots of Speed + Boots of Travel Recipe Scroll = Boots of Travel
    13. Demon Edge
    14. 13 + Quarterstaff + Monkey King Bar Recipe Scroll = Monkey King Bar
    15. Sacred Relic + Radiance Recipe Scroll = Radiance

Explanation: In this item build, you’ll notice that I always buy the damaging items before the other stat support item, because he sucks in damage. But with Skadi as the main man and BkB as support, things will get pretty messy.
    Also in this build, you’ll see that I have Boots of Travel and Radiance, for other it looks pretty dumb because he can move fast with shukuchi and farm well with Geminate/Shukuchi too. This build is for the ultimate pushing, non-backstababble, late-game killer build.
    TIP: If you are not into killing and wants to push readily, you could switch the places when to take Radiance earlier than MkB. Or, if you really prefer pushing, put radiance and boots of Travel in the top of your list. But of course, I won’t do that because this guide focuses only for the item “Eye of Skadi”

If you are running low in your inventory, you could let a chicken do the handling or sell it if you think it is no use for you anymore.

Recommended Items:

Animal Courier

[​IMG]

Good for staying within the lanes.

Ring of Basilius

[​IMG]

Good for spamming shukuchi.

Heart of Tarrasque

[​IMG]

For better digestion, good health, and long life. Yakult Everyday!

The Butterfly

[​IMG]

A little Evasion won’t hurt.

Aegis of the Immortal

[​IMG]

You know what this is for, don’t you? What comes next? Good Guess!

Divine Rapier
    [​IMG]
    Ouch! Don’t worry, it won’t fall.

5. Strategy

Early Game

This is the only part of the game where you should be dominating, this where it all depends. Planning out ahead for your future is most critical here because if you get killed, even once, could ruin your entire life. You should use shukuchi as often as possible so that you could harass heroes at minimal time and it would be less of a burden for you because your enemy in that lane would leave all time.

Spam your shukuchi, tired of me saying it? Then try not to die okay? Skadi is not a long way to go coz you wouldn’t die.

Middle Game

By this time, I’m sure that you have an Ultimate orb or two in your pockets. Still keep your lane and remember to always look out for the mini map. Your watchers are all around the place and a backstab would be impossible. When you spot an enemy, since you’re a weakling and all, try to avoid trouble and stay alive.

If you’re having doubts if you are being useful for your team, then baby think again. You have the most sight coverage of the map and you could almost see the whole thing thanks to your watchers.

In the end of the middle game, I’m sure you have a skadi now. So you think you could beat them all?

Late Game

Now that you’ve finish you’re skadi, it would be less of a hassle for your teammates since you could now slow the enemy but even if you can, your enemies can also kill you with their skills.

Really? Have you ever tried BkB?

6. Important Tactics

How to use time lapse properly:

You can only use Time Lapse if one of the necessary conditions are fulfilled:

1. If you are running low on HP and are afraid that a final blow will kill you (e.g. dagon)
    2. If an enemy casts a negative buff killing skill that might cause your death (e.g. poison nova)
    3. For a quick backstab, without warning (will explain later)
    4. For rescue missions (also later)
    5. Tower breaking

Placing Watchers:

There are 5 places where you should place your watchers

1. Near the runes
    2. The quick entry spots, (scourge top left, sentinel bottom right)
    3. Secret shop
    4. The alternate exits (scourge : right lane, sentinel : left lane)
    5. The last place you where

or you could just fill in the gang bang spots here
    [​IMG]

The sixth watcher is not that useful but, in a different matter, might prove itself quite interesting for your teammates.

Use the sixth for stalking. If you are certain that an enemy is going to push somewhere or is attempting to farm neutral creeps, order one of your watchers to follow him and signal your teammates to gangbang that bitch

7. Helpful Tips

Nice Teammates:

Here is a list of some heroes that might prove to be of use to you in battle
    RHASTA

You know him and love what he does now, don’t you?

BRADWARDEN

Good for slowing enemies down and a fat tank against towers.

MEDUSA

Ain’t she adorable?

NORTROM

Your team won’t even need to buy a BkB

PURIST THUNDERWRATH

He’s a lifesaver.

Unpleasant Heroes:

Here is a list of some heroes that might prove to be a pain in the butt

RHASTA

One ward combo is all it takes

LION

It’s like a one hit K.O.

ATROPOS

You know what’ll happen: Grip + Sap = Bye Bye

PUDGE

Can also hook you even if you’re invisible.

AGGRON THE STONEBREAKER

One clean shot is all it takes.

Easy Preys:

Easy Preys are enemies who lack disabling skills and can be killed easily

RAZOR

Just as crappier as you are

JAH’RAKAL

Same goes for here

SLITHICE

I know she has ensnare but you could pass through it by shukuhi

EZALOR

My favorite hero, sorry eza but you must die

N’AIX

Just don’t let him hit you or things could get pretty ugly

Chicken Plot:

This is the juiciest part of placing watchers. Once you have set up a watcher in the enemy secret shop and an enemy chicken is spotted, let one of your teammates do the chicken assassination plot

PROPHET

A perfect candidate, he can teleport to the scene and kill the chicken. The terrain is already revealed so it should be easy to teleport now.

BONE CLINKZ

Fast enough to run to the scene.

KARDEL SHARPEYE

Not that fast but if he is within the vicinity, he could just assassinate it.

Rescue missions:

This is the part that you will risk your own life for the sake of your teammate and let him escape just to hold back the enemy. Count 5 seconds and use your shukuchi to run as fast as you can to the back of your enemies. After you’ve gotten their attention, run again. After the 5 second time is complete, use time lapse to return to your last spot then use shukuchi.

Quick Backstab:

The method is pretty much alike as the rescue mission. But there is a sleight difference. In a quick backstab, after you've used time lapse, you don't run but hit the enemy.

Tower Breaking:

This is the part that you will risk your own life for the sake of 450+ gold. It's pretty much easy once you get use to it. You just hit, hit, and hit the tower until both of you are red HP then use time lapse. That's all, pretty easy don't you think. No more explaining to do.

8. FAQ

A: You could easily deal with them in four easy ways:
    1. Irritate your teammate and repeat your request for changing lanes (works for me, lolx)
    2. Just leech behind your range creep or stay away from danger
    3. If you sense danger is on its way or to be safe, if the range enemy passess his range creep and moves toward you, shukuchi to safety or
    4. to turn the situation upside down(only use if no towers are near the vicinity), shukuchi his face :) and return to original place once he is in his own original position
    5. alt + Q + Q :) joke

A: Accept your death, lolx
    So what if you die? IT doesn't mean you'll loose the game, just farm faster to achieve your goals... Time is something that you don't own, you should make better use of it and if necessary, rush down into those creepwaves as fast as possible so that you wouldn't be at last level... Use shukuchi if necessary

A: Yes, if you doubt me, then this fela from the dota forums is sure to enlighten you up about orb effects.

A: No they don’t suck, this is very useful. In team plays and you have a teammate that has a crappy life like Kardel Sharpeye and doesn’t have an escape skill like you. 95% of the time, your enemies are surely to pass your watchers if placed them where I told you so

A: Yes but he would be noticed easily by the charge icon. Too bad.

A: Yes, but to be honest with you, this is fully experimental, but with my high intellect and superb logic. My brain says to me that this build rocks!

EDIT: I now use this only in pubbies

A: For my age, I’d say 220 (that’s hot!)

A: Noooooooooo! I didn’t steal this, however, the font and layout is not originally mine. I compared it with somebody else’s guide in the premium. There’s a chance that you might even find it in there.

A: Hey, I’m not f**92Hallelujah!

A: Yes, I do have plans for it, the fact is I can’t readily do those things. I rushed this guide to make sure that nobody steals my ideas and I’d be the first one to publish it.

A: If you want your question about Anub’seran be posted on this thread, don’t be to shy to reply.

9. Final Notes

The key element in playing this crappy hero is not to die, if you think that you are so better than me, let me see you post your own guide on this insect. Let’s see who’s got the last laugh.

10. Replay Section – It's a hassle, maybe some other time

Still working on that. After I get my allowance money, I’m sure to make two or more clips a week. Damn you whoever you are that invented school!

11. Credits

SD Succubusfor being a test dummy
    Erikfor being another sucker
    BradiGanga group of friends who always call me bradi
    BongFor letting me play at his shop
    NEUSTfor nothing (this is where I study, damn you!)
    AnonymousForgot their names

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Also please visit my :director:
    Lina Inverse, Slayer Summary Guide

Last edited: Sep 11, 2006
    1 person likes this.
  2. saint

saint Former Staff Member Former Staff

A reminder.You should change your font to suit the background.Some of the words are not visible with the Kartel skin.

3. DevoX

DevoX Registered User

I dont think so...
    i use that to run back to base faster and to pwn people.
    Everytime they want to run because they left about 200 hp.
    i will use shukuchi and run pass them and keep attacking.

Everytime i use weaver i will buy Buriza-do Kanyon first.
    hmmm after looking at your guide,i am going for skadi ^^

Anyway nice guide !!!! +REP

Last edited: Jul 9, 2006
  4. poco_loco

it's a gay harrasing skill because most of the harassing skills in dota can be countered with another harrassing skill by the opponent, but in shukuchi, you are invisible so there will be no retribution

5. chiuenyu

chiuenyu Registered User

wow, such a good guide =)
    later i'll give it a try in bnet , thanks for your guide.

6. poco_loco

hey saint is this good enough? I've changed all the black fonts to green so that even if you're using kartel or using default (like me) can see both

7. DevoX

DevoX Registered User

ok i agree with you now.
    it's a gay harrasing skill in the early game only.
    I first blood all the time ^^

8. poco_loco

am I still missing guys?

criticism is pretty much welcome

9. SDSuccubus

SDSuccubus Registered User

ehem i have read ur guide poco i not the test dummy >.< the real test dummies are the noobs who always kick us because they are gay and afraid to be owned by me because last time i used merc experimentaly they
    cried and wet their undies u know who tha pugna dude the disgracing of traxex dude the feeling pro anti mage who goes to the fountain 4 times before he was lvl 6 you know those dudes and they call themselves pro remember when we are teamates we owned but the f*!@#$%^&*n computers failed and have the major error so they are saved so think about who is the real dummy

10. saint

SDSuccubus,are you poco's friend?You seem to know him.

Anyway,the guide is getting pretty good.Maybe some screenshots or replays would improve it,but it's not necessary if its troublesome for you.

Good job on contributing one of the "most efforts put in" guide.Stickied.

11. SDSuccubus

SDSuccubus Registered User

yep im hos friend and were classmates....=)

12. poco_loco

EDIT: never mind, question is answered, btw, did I mention he has halitosis?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2006
  13. monkeyninja

monkeyninja Former Staff Member Former Staff

How would you play against heroes such as...lets say, Slayer? Since during early game you are pretty low in hp, how do you expect to harass using shukuchi? Mid-Late game, she will still pound you, time lapse can't exactly save your ass since you will either be stunned, dead before your time lapse has been cast or dead beforeyou can cast shukuchi again (or its in cooldown).

14. poco_loco

ehem, there is something called changing lanes

if you're too chicken and think can't handle her butt, then change lanes

15. saint

First thing's first, changing lanes IS an option, but when someone is asking you a question on "how you counter", I am sure they are pretty much more interested in finding out a way to counter a certain hero mentioned instead of changing lanes.

16. poco_loco

monkeyninja

just added you question on the FAQs

17. saint

Correction, it's "your" . :D

^_^

18. poco_loco

ehem

why did I post this?

I did it in a rush and my momma didn't even let me check it

19. DevoX

DevoX Registered User

poco_loco are you going to create a new guide soon?
    Im getting borring
    -------------------------------
    Happy 41 birthday to singapore!!!

20. saint

You can try creating a guide too DevoX.