1. Welcome Guest! As you can see we have moved to xenforo. It was a long progress and now most of the things are done. However there will be more exciting stuff coming to the website very soon! If you have found any bugs, please send me a private message or post in the GzP Help Files section. If you would like to support us, please kindly donate using the link on the right. That's it for now! Enjoy! BTW, if you still haven't registered, then click here to do so now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The feedback system is back on GzP in order to provide a better and a safer place for all traders in the community. You would just need to click on the add feedback link that appear below their username. Please use it wisely and you will be banned if you have giving false feedback. For a quick guide, click here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
The feedback system is back! Click here for more info.

Tech Support Forum Rules/Tips - Read First [Updated 18-04-08]

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by dead4life, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dead4life

dead4life Retired Staff Member

First search the forums for the answer to a similar problem

Use the "Search Function" to find similar threads that might have problems similar to yours.

Post a descriptive title.

Don't just say "I need help" or "Computer Problems"
    Be specific, say something like "Problem with Monitor" or "My Computer keeps freezing"

Explain your problem in detail.

Describe your problem in detail.
    Include what you did before the problem occurred and what methods have you tried to solve the problem.
    Post screenshots/pictures if you can.

Reply back to comments

After people posted proposed solutions to your problems, reply back and post your results if they work or not. Post if you solved your problem so your thread can be closed. Also remember to Thank/Rep the person(s) that help you.

-dead4life, your Tech Support Mod
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  2. LobBob

LobBob Retired Staff Member

Re: Tips For Requesting Help

Just to add on to what our Ex-Moderator for Tech Support Section said on
    " Reply back to comments "

All Threads that are Inactive - Meaning no replies/updates for 7> Days, will be Closed.

If you could only come onto GamerzPlanet to check the replies of your Thread lets say, Once every 4 Days.

PM myself(LobBob) with your Post Link, and I would Re-Open your thread for you.

For those who ask "What are the Rules around here?"

Please refer to the Rules Here

as well as Read GamerzPlanet ToS

Please note that you are not to Post something saying "Thanks!" ; "Great!" ; "Really helped me!" and others to that effect. Please also note that the aforementioned are examples, but are not limited only to them. Anything that has words/phrases to that effect, will be given an Infraction.

Note : This will take effect as of May 06 2008.

Any Infringement of Rules/ToS/Aforementioned pointers will result in the individual user(s) having a Infraction.

Thank You,
    Tech Support/Networking & Security Sections
    Last edited: May 5, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.